Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By laingman
  1.    #1  
    I was listening to a podcast called HelloInternet and one of the hosts mentioned the Palm Pilot/palm os

H.I. #32: YouTube Half-Assery — Hello Internet

Scroll down and click to 99:40
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    I was listening to a podcast called HelloInternet and one of the hosts mentioned the Palm Pilot/palm os

H.I. #32: YouTube Half-Assery — Hello Internet

Scroll down and click to 99:40
    Yes, I remember that two tap concept story. One thing I miss about palmos is switching email accounts. In webos there is a drop down but it doesn't do anything except show some info about the accounts.

One thing I don't understand about youtube is why favorites is a playlist that plays in sequence automatically. Or maybe I am missing some setting somewhere
    mattmers likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    One thing I miss about palmos is switching email accounts. In webos there is a drop down but it doesn't do anything except show some info about the accounts.
    Please explain? I have several email accounts and can few them all? Favorites grouping, plus one grouping for every account.

When composing an email I can tap on the from to select from which account I would like to send.

Missing: it shows all my folders for every account, even ones I have not subscribed, this is an IMAP feature which was never implemented.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Ok. I'll try to explain. In palmOs treo/centro days one could be in an email account and tap the drop down menu thing to get a list of all the email accounts. Then selecting one from the list would go to that account. Now in webos one can get such a list, but selecting one does not go to the account, Just shows some stuff about how many emails and last sync,, I think. I don't have my phone right now to tell exactly.

Was one of the first things I noticed, that and the almost blank page with an add to contact button..Have no Idea what happened there, still trying to figure out why that additional step would be necessary