Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm trying to get confirmation of a rumored software difference between the T-270 and the T-300.

My 300 always returns to the speed dial screen WHENEVER I hang up a pnone call.

THIS TRAIT IS VERY ANNOYING.....especially after I've looked up a contact and dialed from the phone book. If I don't reach that contact on one number and hang up....I want to dial another of that same contact's numbers. Seems logical that when you hang up, you would be returned to the last screen used before the call.....NO SO ON THE 300. Hang up and I'm returned to the speed dial screen and then I have to look up the contact all over again to get his other number. Very annoying!

Same thing occurs if I'm working in one of my applications and a call comes in......HANG UP = BACK TO SPEED DIAL....then I have to re-find the application and screen I was working in previously.

I've hear that this annoying software trait is not present on the T-270.......???

Can some of you verify this for me.

How does your's work when dialing from the contact page.....or when working in an application ....then receiving a call? Are you returned to the screen that was active just before the call?

Warren C
    Warren C.
    Sorry - same thing on the 270. And yes, it is an annoyance.
    Didn't we already have this conversation??????????
    Obviously the 300 is different in respect to looking up a phone number for an individual and returning to the list of numbers to dial than the 270 is. My 270 does exactly what you would like your 300 to do in reference to the above. As far as answering a call and than being returned to the app you were in at the end of a call, hey that's the way the software was written so it is what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    millerhifi -- What airplane is that?
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    It's a Gulfstream GIV
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Millerhifi

Since you previously posted in the 300 group that your 270 works more like I would prefer my 300 did, I thought I'd see if all 270's work that way.....hence the post here after coming up empty in the 300 Group.

Your previous answer gave me hope that maybe there's a possibility of software available or possible a change/switch or upgrade that would make the 300 work better.

.........but alas!!! ..... you Millerhifi ...... seem to have the only Treo in existance that works (at least partially) the way it should. Congratulations !!!!........How did you accomplish that? Maybe there's hope for the rest of us.

So glad you're happy and satisfied.....but scuuuuuuuzzze me if I'm not. Yes thats the "way its written!!!!!!!!" but that doesn't mean its written well......or that it can't be improved to be better.....and more convenient to use (others seem to agree) and that I can't try to find out if there's a solution available.

Sorry ....I just won't subscribe to your "Like it or lump it !philosophy or that its OK the way it is and I'll continue to look for a fix or lobby Handspring for an upgrade.

Warren C.
    Warren C.
    Originally posted by Wchapman

.........but alas!!! ..... you Millerhifi ...... seem to have the only Treo in existance that works (at least partially) the way it should. Congratulations !!!!........How did you accomplish that?
    I can't imagine that I've got the only 270 that behaves this way (at least partially). I didn't do anything to make it work this way it just does. I guess the software was "partially" written right!
    I never suggested that this is all right or wrong!
    Nothing software related is ever "perfect". Someone is always going to find a problem with it.
    Based on your original thread apparently no one was able to solve your problem and we all tend to read "new posts" anyways wether they're in the 300, 270 forum or any other for that matter! What's the point of duplicating the same questions over and over?
    I just don't believe that there is a way at this time to correct it to work the way you would like to see it work and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me!
    Last edited by millerhifi; 03/18/2003 at 11:54 PM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Ok, I hope nobaody shoots me but I will throw in my 32.7 cents worth on how it relates to MY 180.

If I am in an app and I get a call AND ANSWER IT - I am returned to the speed-dial.

If I am in an app and I get a call AND IGNORE IT - I am returned to the app

If I am in an app and get a call AND THE CALLER HANGS UP BEFORE I ANSWER - I am returned to the app

If I look up a number in contacts AND MAKE A CALL - I am returned to contacts and not the speed-dial.

Works well for me.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    It's a Gulfstream GIV
    I think I'll go buy me one of these...
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Originally posted by m00se

I think I'll go buy me one of these...
    Cut me a check for $25,000,000 and I'll pick it up for ya!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by millerhifi

Cut me a check for $25,000,000 and I'll pick it up for ya!
    I can give you about 25m Turkish Lira

Saw an interesting documentary last night on the history of the Lear Jet (interesting placement of the toilet!)

What's the diff between a Gulf and a Lear?
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by nzmoko

What's the diff between a Gulf and a Lear?
    A lear is a rather small aircraft and will typically seat 5-7 passengers. The cabin is very small, interior height is about 4.9ft, the averaged height man couldn't really stand up in side. It has a range of about 2000 miles so could go coast to coast non- stop.

A gulfstream is probably one of the most luxurious corporate jets in the sky. The cabin is much larger and will comfortably seat 16-18 passengers plus a flight crew of 3. The cabin height is about 6.2 ft so most can stand up inside. It has a range of about 4700 miles and could go non-stop to Europe from the West Coast.

Just a couple of many differences!

So how's life in Geneve?
    I lived there for about 8 years. Went to the International School of Geneva for a couple of those years.

I'd love to revisit sometime!!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone