Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sumy
  • 1 Post By xandros9
  • 2 Post By boucles0
  1.    #1  
    Helle webOS/PalmOS community !

I have bought a Palm foleo on Ebay and I would like to sync my email from my treo or my Palm TX with the foleo. However, in the foleo's documentation, the treo must use versamail 4.

Is there a way to get versamail 4 somewhere ?

https://twitter.com/webOSfr/status/552160929220403200

Thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Helle webOS/PalmOS community !

I have bought a Palm foleo on Ebay and I would like to sync my email from my treo or my Palm TX with the foleo. However, in the foleo's documentation, the treo must use versamail 4.

Is there a way to get versamail 4 somewhere ?

https://twitter.com/webOSfr/status/552160929220403200

Thanks !
    Great find, I want that one too, just charged Treo 680 in december. How much you payed for it? Was it new in the box ?
    VersaMail_4_0_Installer.PRC should do, I had this one installed on Treo 680, there was one update for Centro but at the moment I can not find the file, it is called CentroVM40Updater.prc and official download is not available anymore. I think this update worked on Treo 680 too, I don't remember what exactly is updated. Check PM
    boucles0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumy View Post
    Great find, I want that one too, just charged Treo 680 in december. How much you payed for it? Was it new in the box ?
    VersaMail_4_0_Installer.PRC should do, I had this one installed on Treo 680, there was one update for Centro but at the moment I can not find the file, it is called CentroVM40Updater.prc and official download is not available anymore. I think this update worked on Treo 680 too, I don't remember what exactly is updated. Check PM
    Maybe Misj' would have that?

The official downloads have been dead in the US even with the hosts file patch (due to the mynewpalm.com) redirect, but for Europe it still worked at one point after the US side was blocked, so i remember him mentioning that he downloaded almost all of the old PalmOS stuff. I could be wrong, but ask him
    Just looked through my files and I have a bunch of .prc files for other apps, but no VersaMail (even though I still have the receipt from when I bought it). Sorry!
    I delved into my archive and fished out "Centro_VersaMail4_Updater.prc"
    I also found 3.5.5, 3.5, 2.7... but that's the only 4 I have.

link:
    https://copy.com/x9FT4xlIbkTIRKps
    Please let me know if this is not allowed, then I can switch to the on-PM model I usually default to.

Looks like holding onto the stuff I never thought I'd use paid off. (i even have OS 4.1 upgrades for models I never touched like the III)
    Last edited by xandros9; 01/06/2015 at 02:12 PM.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    boucles0 likes this.
    I can find links...

http://www.palm.com/versamail407

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...m4updater.html

...but they are all redirecting to mynewpalm.com

Is this software included on the Palm desktop installation CD? Someone on this forum probably has the most recent one.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you guys !

Sumy sent me with PM the files, I 'll try and let you know

How much you payed for it? Was it new in the box ?
    I bought it 210€ on ebay from UK and it is used but the battery is still doing well. I'll post a full review of the foleo on my website webOSfrance (webOS et HP TouchPad )
    Sumy and Preemptive like this.
    I originally thought that app was included with my Treo 650 install disc, but after searching it, I didn't find the app on there.

Glad you got a copy!
    I don't think the Centro VM 4.0 works on anything except the Verizon Centro. If you need the 3.5.5 installer prc, give me a shout. I'm not here everyday so be patient.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Just looked through my files and I have a bunch of .prc files for other apps, but no VersaMail (even though I still have the receipt from when I bought it). Sorry!
    Hi HelloNNNewman, I was wondering if you might PM a list of your "stash". I am in bad need of some old text editors would like know if you might have any of the prc's I need. thanks again