Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    KeyCapsHack 0.7 has been released.

    New in this version:
    • Fixed incompatibility with "treo keyboard utils"
    • Added option to disable the double clicking on the Menu key, so there's no delay in waiting for the menu to come up.
    • Added "Euro instead of Dollar" option.
    • Option+Backspace now goes "Back" in Xiino and Clipper


    It can be found at PalmGear, here.
    Last edited by metsfan; 05/13/2003 at 11:14 AM.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  2. #2  
    Thank you!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by metsfan
    KeyCapsHack 0.7 has been released.

    New in this version:[list][*] Fixed incompatibility with "treo keyboard utils"
    What was that? I've been using both....
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    What was that? I've been using both....
    If you tried to hold down Command+Key to have treo keyboard utils keep moving back and forth, KeyCapsHack would grab the hold down, and capitalize/option the letter. Same for if you held down Command and double clicked too fast, KeyCapsHack would take over.

    I've changed KeyCapsHack to have no effect if Command is held down, so it doesn't interfere with treo keyboard utils.
    Last edited by metsfan; 05/13/2003 at 11:19 AM.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by metsfan
    KeyCapsHack 0.7 has been released.

    New in this version:
    • Fixed incompatibility with "treo keyboard utils"
    • Added option to disable the double clicking on the Menu key, so there's no delay in waiting for the menu to come up.
    • Added "Euro instead of Dollar" option.
    • Option+Backspace now goes "Back" in Xiino and Clipper


    It can be found at PalmGear, here.
    Thansk for the updated version, especially the menu thingy! I've added it back it to my Treo 300 and hopefully it will help me out!
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by metsfan
    KeyCapsHack 0.7 has been released.

    New in this version:
    • Fixed incompatibility with "treo keyboard utils"
    • Added option to disable the double clicking on the Menu key, so there's no delay in waiting for the menu to come up.
    • Added "Euro instead of Dollar" option.
    • Option+Backspace now goes "Back" in Xiino and Clipper


    It can be found at PalmGear, here.
    Metsfan,

    Something very strange has happened, and I wonder whether you can help me figure it out. I downloaded and installed the new version KeyCapsHack 0.7 last night, and now it doesn't work at all. No Caps on hold down, etc. So I disabled and deleted it and reinstalled the previous version and now that one won't work either!

    Up to now, WordComplete and KeyCapsHack 0.7 have worked together harmoniously, but I thought maybe that was the conflict, so I disabled WrodComplete but KeyCapsHack in either version won't work even then.

    I'm lost without it!

    Any suggestions or advice?



    Regards,

    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by NateS


    Metsfan,

    Something very strange has happened, and I wonder whether you can help me figure it out. I downloaded and installed the new version KeyCapsHack 0.7 last night, and now it doesn't work at all. No Caps on hold down, etc. So I disabled and deleted it and reinstalled the previous version and now that one won't work either!

    Up to now, WordComplete and KeyCapsHack 0.7 have worked together harmoniously, but I thought maybe that was the conflict, so I disabled WrodComplete but KeyCapsHack in either version won't work even then.

    I'm lost without it!

    Any suggestions or advice?



    Regards,

    NateS
    Whoa!

    I apologize for panicking!
    (Consider it a compliment to how indispensable I find KeyCapsHack.)

    I calmed down, and did a soft re-set, and it's working just fine now, right along with WordComplete and everything else!

    I've dried my tears!

    Regards,
    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  8. #8  
    I had avoided hacks after a bad experience with my old Visor. However, I decided to try KeyCapsHack to see how it works with my Treo keyboard. It makes writing go much more smoothly. I'll still try to avoid using too many hacks, but this one will certainly be activated when I write. Handspring/Palm should incorporate this behavior into the OS for PDAs with thumbboards.

    Thank you Metsfan! I hope the Mets are the NY team this year.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by awschwab
    Handspring/Palm should incorporate this behavior into the OS for PDAs with thumbboards.
    But then it would never get updated
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by NateS


    Whoa!

    I apologize for panicking!
    (Consider it a compliment to how indispensable I find KeyCapsHack.)

    I calmed down, and did a soft re-set, and it's working just fine now, right along with WordComplete and everything else!

    I've dried my tears!

    Regards,
    NateS
    Heh. The only suggestion I was going to have was to do a soft reset. I'm glad you got it working again.
    Last edited by metsfan; 05/13/2003 at 11:14 AM.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  11. #11  
    A soft reset should be the first thing that people try when things are not working right. When your computer is misbehaving what do you do? You reboot.


    Originally posted by metsfan


    Heh. The only suggestion I was going to have was to do a soft reset. I'm glad you got it working again.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  12. #12  
    I don't know why but KeyCapsHack slows down the pull down menus on my Treo 300. I really appreciate the app but the slow down is too distracting for me. Funny that I haven't seen this mentioned by anyone else.
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by copernicus
    I don't know why but KeyCapsHack slows down the pull down menus on my Treo 300. I really appreciate the app but the slow down is too distracting for me. Funny that I haven't seen this mentioned by anyone else.
    Do you have this latest version installed?
    This was corrected in v 0.7
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  14. #14  
    When I install v0.7 over v0.3, do I need to uninstall v0.3 first? Thx.
  15. #15  
    You usually always want to disable a hack before installing an upgraded version.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by millerhifi


    Do you have this latest version installed?
    This was corrected in v 0.7
    Hello millerhifi,
    Yes, unfortunately I DO have 0.7 but on my T300 it still has the slow pull down menu problem. I hate to let this one go.
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by copernicus


    Hello millerhifi,
    Yes, unfortunately I DO have 0.7 but on my T300 it still has the slow pull down menu problem. I hate to let this one go.
    In the KeyCapsHack preferences, there is an option "Enable Menu Key Double Click".

    Make sure this is disabled.
    Last edited by metsfan; 05/13/2003 at 11:18 AM.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by metsfan


    In the KeyCapsHack preferences, there is an option "Enable Menu Key Double Click".

    Make sure this is disabled.
    That fixed it. Thanks metsfan!
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by metsfan
    KeyCapsHack 0.7 has been released.
    You are indeed a legend and worthy of the prize for most useful hack for the Treo (there isn't actually a prize but kudos all the same)
    www.gsmworld.com
  20. #20  
    Well I thought it was about time I give props to metsfan for what I believe to be one of the most useful hacks out there for the Treo. I've had KeyCapsHack for about 2 weeks now and more or less realized how advantageous this utility is for me, especially several days ago as I was secretly typing away using one hand while my Treo was hidden inside my windbreaker . I was in a facility that wasn't too keen on havinging any electronic device in the vicinity just because they said so on their policy...it was more a distraction for the group kinda thing rather than a device that could interrupt signals for other electronic equipment. But I saw no reason to not use it during lunch in the lunch room so what was a Treo owner to do to kill time? Bust out the Treo discretely and, thanks to metsfan, accomplish some tasks using the keyboard with less keys to press than usual. Kudos big time to metsfan...you rock!!!
    "Some are born to move the world; to live their fantasies. But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be. Sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it. For you the blind who once could see...the bell tolls for thee." Rush
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions