Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a hack or app that will allow me to check the current time without leaving the application I'm using? For instance, if I'm playing gin or Bejeweled, is there some key function I can set to press to give me the time and immediately return me to my application?

Thanks!
    the hack ClockPop lets you assign a key, which when you hold down will give you the current time.

Let the key go, and you are back at the original app.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I use this all the time. It's great. In addition to the time, it gives you the voltage left in your battery which I find very useful.
    I use it all the time as well. It gives you your appointments too, which is very cool.
    what a cool little program. will be very handy.

wish i wasn't getting nervous about running hacks... 2 days ago my treo died in the night. lucky for me i sync regularly. that was a first. think it had to do with the expiration of the trial version of FastCPU, which is not exactly a hack but is still something that makes the treo do something that was not 'intended'.

we shall see...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I run x-master and three hacks. CLock pop, switcheroo and track data calls. Haven't found that my treo is any less stable.

Hmm, palmgear has version 2.7, but I have version 2.8 of clock pop. Where did I get it from?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Alli--

Another option at least for Bejeweled is that you can change the settings to show the clock and battery across the top. Go to options, game settings and check clock and battery. It's pretty cool.

Peejayemm
    Great app!
    Very useful. I'll make sure that all my friends are aware of it!
    Now that you can see the time, do you know if it's accurate? Go to www.nist.gov and download the sntp software for palm. Now you can check your time against the government time keeping standard via the internet!
  11.    #11  
    I'm loving clockpop with one exception. For some reason that escapes me, it won't come up when I'm playing gin. <sigh> I guess I'll just have to stick to yahtzee if I'm supposed to be watching the clock (so to speak).
    Originally posted by triplespear
    Now that you can see the time, do you know if it's accurate? Go to www.nist.gov and download the sntp software for palm. Now you can check your time against the government time keeping standard via the internet!
    You might want to use also the 'Atomic time sync', one of numerous WorldMate features.
    It works worldwide and not only in the US.
    Originally posted by triplespear
    I use a 300 which will grab the time from the cell network. Close enough for me! And it switches time when I land in new timezones!
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I use a 300 which will grab the time from the cell network. Close enough for me! And it switches time when I land in new timezones!
    i have a 300 also. does it automatically adjust it's time or is that something you tell it to do? i collect watches and wear a different one each day, so having something to set them to is critical.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Preferences>General>Automatic Network Time
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Preferences>General>Automatic Network Time
    very cool. thanks!
    Have any of you guys tried WorldMate? Its huge app, but very cool features none-the-less...
    PeeJay
    Your suggestion to go to Game settings etc to show time and battery voltage. EXACTLY how do you do that? I have a 300 and can't seem to find game Settings. Thanx. By the way, the Sprint time is within 1 second of the Atomic Clock. No need to try and get more accurate time.
    Believe it or not this was one thing that I was upset about. Every other sprint phone does this, and I could not find the option on the treo. Next time I will have to remember to look in the obvious place
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Have any of you guys tried WorldMate? Its huge app, but very cool features none-the-less...
    Love WorldMate!
    m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast