Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #1  
    For fun I'm going to be switching to a Treo 680 soon. Why not? So I'm finding Palm OS files I need to play with it. But as you can imagine, finding prc files from 10 years ago is kinda hard. Especially since the old links to palm.com are pretty much all dead.

Hotsync Palm Support : Palm Desktop 6.2 and HotSync Manager (Windows)

palmone wifi card Palm Support : Palm Wi-Fi Card Drivers for Palm OS

If anyone has these files...hook me up!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  2.    #2  
    Just found the answer to my issue with a hosts file edit from a post today! Sweeeeet. need a doctor
    Follow me on Twitter
    ive got a z22 and im pretty sure my xp box has the palm desktop installed. are these of any use to you? let me know if theres any files i can copy/send.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I still keep my T3 charged and at hand - mostly for a few games, but I do have a few other prc files. Are you looking for anything specific?
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    I have stuff. Probably shouldn't mention this, but I had desktop 6.... can't find it now. Will look further. Will 4 do?

You know where I am.

Edit: It's bad those links are 404'ing. Is there a chance that setting up a redirect will help?

See here? Help App

If you can get it, get it now!!!

Edit2: Oh I see you did that already! ;-)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/06/2014 at 09:25 AM.
    Remy X likes this.
    I've still got the full Palm Desktop install disk for my Treo 650 and some .prc files (games and apps). I can always host a copy of stuff if people are still missing/need them.
    Grabber5.0, Rnp and mastercoin like this.
    Due to the fact that I am a pig and never clean out anything, including old files on the computer, I have a bunch of prc files in old backups and folders. If you are looking for something specific, let me know.
    I think I have the Palm Desktop 6.2 installer as well. I don't know what else I have. I can look on my 700p too, but I didn't have much outside the standard. I did have Softick Audio Gateway and a few science programs. Also had TomTom, now that I think about it.

Send me a PM if anything strikes you as useful, or if you have any specific requests I can look for.
  9.    #9  
    I'm looking for the old Palmone wifi sd card hack. Anybody got that relic? Might be called wifi650.prc or "wifi 650.zip".
    Follow me on Twitter
    I've got a buddy that used to cook up ROMs for his Treos and Centros... I'll ask him. Care if I pass along your email address to him?
    1bdapple likes this.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I've got a buddy that used to cook up ROMs for his Treos and Centros... I'll ask him. Care if I pass along your email address to him?
    Sounds good. I don't know the first thing about custom roms but if it gets rid of the bloat I'm down to try it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I just came into possession of a Palm V (at no cost).

Want to get this badboy up and running. Thoughts?
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    +1 on that please?

~ 'benh' here has kindly offered me his old Treo 680 to play with ~ rather than just chuck it in the re-cycle bin.

Good on Ya!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I just came into possession of a Palm V (at no cost).

Want to get this badboy up and running. Thoughts?
    I also got new Palm Vx in july. It had "Mad Digitizer Syndrome", so if you have that too, feel free to ask.
    If anyone is interested, I can share some developer tools for PalmOS 3.5: sdk, emulator(all for linux).

BTW. If someone want to test fresh game for PalmOS(made in this year), please try https://github.com/nizovn/2048.prc(.prc is in Src folder).
    I still have and use my Lifedrive and other Palm devices, and have collected a fair sized library of apps for it... if you have something in mind, let me know.

Heck, I use a Lifedrive as my alarm clock in the bedroom (with the Antec Lansing speaker dock- AWESOME)
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I'm looking for the old Palmone wifi sd card hack. Anybody got that relic? Might be called wifi650.prc or "wifi 650.zip".
    Alan,

Pretty sure I have the wifi prc file. Have to wait until the weekend to locate, though.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhoades View Post
    Alan,

Pretty sure I have the wifi prc file. Have to wait until the weekend to locate, though.
    Cool thanks. I'd like to give it a try.

Also, those offering prcs. I'd like to try out xpressmail for the 680. I need IMAP push xpressmail.prc should be the name. No idea what the last version was. The free download on the 680 fails...who's surprised?

Or Versamail 4 or PE. I think the PE version was only for Centro but I read it still works.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 11/07/2014 at 12:44 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    So when webOS dies next year, we just pull out our old PalmOS phones and load TealOS? Or can we get a LuneOS port? ;-)
    But webOS isn't going to die next year remember!
  20.    #20  
    I found Chattermail. The problem these days with unlock codes for apps with free trials is I can find the installer but can't purchase it. I think Versamail or Xpressmail are my only viable options. They were free from what I can tell for the 680 but I'm not sure.

Chatter does push which is awesome but in 30 days...I'm SOL. How can I purchase a Palm OS app?

Just realized Versamail is the stock client. Duh. I have that one but no push.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 11/07/2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast