Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I found Chattermail. The problem these days with unlock codes for apps with free trials is I can find the installer but can't purchase it. I think Versamail or Xpressmail are my only viable options. They were free from what I can tell for the 680 but I'm not sure.

Chatter does push which is awesome but in 30 days...I'm SOL. How can I purchase a Palm OS app?

Just realized Versamail is the stock client. Duh. I have that one but no push.
    I have a few archives in a BOX folder. Just checked and have a filed called ChatterEMailFull.zip; one called PalmDesktopWin62.exe; also _XpressMail.prc and _XpressMailDesktopClientSetup.exe If you really want to experiment I think I have some old hardware accessories as well. A Garmin GPS Sled, a SD Card to VGA adapter (Margi?) and a Bluetooth to VGA adapter (Showmate?). Been searching for the perfect portable presentation setup for 15 years. Happy to search the archives for anything else. BTW, I thought I remembered that VersaMail could be set to auto-pull every 10 minutes or so. Not true push but better than manual. However I'm old and might be making that up.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I've loaded files for the T3 and the TREO 650 - along with the Desktop for windows in on my BOX account. PM me for the link.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
  3.    #23  
    Cool. PMed.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Cool. PMed.
    Alan, I PM'd a link to my BOX folder.
    I'm looking for the old Palmone wifi sd card hack. Anybody got that relic? Might be called wifi650.prc or "wifi 650.zip".
    If you mean PalmOS SD IO to WIFI, My friend have . He sale gadged a few years ago before he close his store.
    I use to be use CECT Treo 270, Treo 600, 650 and 680 CDMA. But only my treo 680 CDMA still work, the 600 and 650 dies some month ago.

And I have a lot of sotware for all of them. If you need some software feel free to post to my facebook or PM me.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 11/12/2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: removed personal information.
    I found Chattermail. The problem these days with unlock codes for apps with free trials is I can find the installer but can't purchase it. I think Versamail or Xpressmail are my only viable options. They were free from what I can tell for the 680 but I'm not sure.

Chatter does push which is awesome but in 30 days...I'm SOL. How can I purchase a Palm OS app?

Just realized Versamail is the stock client. Duh. I have that one but no push.
    Alan, I still use Chattermail on my T/X. There is a simple way of fooling the software to think you have the code. I bookmark useful pages like this for fellas who need the help. Oh, and make sure you have all the proper .prc files for push, you need the EXSend and EXSync files. I have them if you need them.

GSM-Forum - View Single Post - Palm OS Appz & Gamez
  8.    #28  
    Thanks for that fix!
    Follow me on Twitter
  9.    #29  
    Does anyone know if a Twitter app for Palm OS still works?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Does anyone know if a Twitter app for Palm OS still works?
    I know of only one, made by Henk from Metaview, if I remember correctly, 2twitme, but he ran a server in between, last I heard was that it did not work anymore

One needed to give his server OAuth acces to twitter, and than the palm prgram would read/write his server

As far as I know there is no OAuth implementation for PalmOS?

http://metaviewsoft.de/wordpress/?p=480
    Hmmm.. I never do, but can't you SMS to twitter?
    There are web based SMS services (free?)

web -> SMS -> twitter.

Or just use the twitter website of course! %-)
    Oh, well...

This thread remember everything that I want today: a Treo 650 with WA & Exchange support!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    +1 on that please?

~ 'benh' here has kindly offered me his old Treo 680 to play with ~ rather than just chuck it in the re-cycle bin.

Good on Ya!

Mutoidi, I tried to PM you but your box was full (regarding link for old Palm apps).
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhoades View Post
    Mutoidi, I tried to PM you but your box was full (regarding link for old Palm apps).
    Thanks heaps 'hrhoades' ~ I've now cleared some space @ my PM Inbox for you!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I've got a buddy that used to cook up ROMs for his Treos and Centros... I'll ask him. Care if I pass along your email address to him?
    I am the buddy he is talking about. I'm sorry it has taken so long to post here...I had to dig around to find my archived stuff, got busy with work, family, etc, etc, etc...

I am a huge Palm OS fan. I had a couple of different Treo 650s, a Treo 680 for awhile and finally settled on a Centro that I used until June of 2012 when I made the jump to Android, first to a Galaxy S III and now to an S4. I've put the ol' SIM card back into the Centro a couple of times since then when I had some issues with the S III and didn't have a backup phone. I still miss Chattermail! Anyway, I put a couple hundred of my archived PRC files out on my Dropbox. I think it's probably not a good idea to post the shared link here, but I will send it to those who want to take a look via PM.

I'll try to think of all the different apps that I used to automate my Palm. Now that I am used to having wifi, GPS and a huge screen I don't think I'd want to go back...but I stayed with my Palm devices for as long as I did because I really could do almost anything other smartphones could do. I only let it go once development stopped on a lot of apps and things started breaking.

Anyway, I'd rather do a cool write-up on all the apps I used to use, and which PRC goes to what app, but I haven't had time and figured I'd at least try and get what I've got out there so you guys can experiment if you want before too much time goes by and this thread gets forgotten. )

Mark
    Alan Morford likes this.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark608 View Post
    I am the buddy he is talking about. I'm sorry it has taken so long to post here...I had to dig around to find my archived stuff, got busy with work, family, etc, etc, etc...

I am a huge Palm OS fan. I had a couple of different Treo 650s, a Treo 680 for awhile and finally settled on a Centro that I used until June of 2012 when I made the jump to Android, first to a Galaxy S III and now to an S4. I've put the ol' SIM card back into the Centro a couple of times since then when I had some issues with the S III and didn't have a backup phone. I still miss Chattermail! Anyway, I put a couple hundred of my archived PRC files out on my Dropbox. I think it's probably not a good idea to post the shared link here, but I will send it to those who want to take a look via PM.

I'll try to think of all the different apps that I used to automate my Palm. Now that I am used to having wifi, GPS and a huge screen I don't think I'd want to go back...but I stayed with my Palm devices for as long as I did because I really could do almost anything other smartphones could do. I only let it go once development stopped on a lot of apps and things started breaking.

Anyway, I'd rather do a cool write-up on all the apps I used to use, and which PRC goes to what app, but I haven't had time and figured I'd at least try and get what I've got out there so you guys can experiment if you want before too much time goes by and this thread gets forgotten. )

Mark
    Well maybe you can help me. I use Straight Talk and can NOT receive MMS messages. I've done everything I can think of to make it work. Since you used Palm OS for so long, what's the secret? I get error 0004100D on the receipt of the message. I'm using a Treo 680 for now or at least would be if I could get MMS. I can send MMS perfectly.
    Last edited by Alan Morford; 11/24/2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Well maybe you can help me. I use Straight Talk and can NOT receive MMS messages. I've done everything I can think of to make it work. Since you used Palm OS for so long, what's the secret? I get error 0004100D on the receipt of the message. I'm using a Treo 680 for now or at least would be if I could get MMS. I can send MMS perfectly.
    Since you can't edit the MediaNet settings, you need to create a new GPRS connection with the ST settings. If I'm not mistaken, the APN is att.mvno. From the MMS app, you need to create a new MMS APN as well. I can't remember the steps and my 680 is quite dead. Let me know if you have any trouble, I'll charge it up and get a tut for you.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    Since you can't edit the MediaNet settings, you need to create a new GPRS connection with the ST settings. If I'm not mistaken, the APN is att.mvno. From the MMS app, you need to create a new MMS APN as well. I can't remember the steps and my 680 is quite dead. Let me know if you have any trouble, I'll charge it up and get a tut for you.
    Thanks for the reply. I've verified with ST and from here the settings Updated: How to Setup Straight Talk & NET10 Data and MMS on Android, iPhone & Windows Phone | Prepaid Phone News Also, see these screenshots for my straight talk settings. https://twitter.com/alan_morford/sta...84035304493056 As I said, everything works except receiving MMS. Very frustrating.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Wow...Alan. I've collected over 10GB palm os softwares and collected over 80 palm os devices from Palm/Treo/Sony/Garmin/Tapwave Zodiac.....

Here:palm driver_??????|??? ??-?????

Try to find Palm desktop 6.2.2 by ACCEES from home PC later.

Palm desktop file:http://pan.baidu.com/s/1eQ1U102

Select the third (USA language)/The first and second are Chinese when install 6.2...
    Last edited by lemanho; 12/01/2014 at 03:47 AM.
    Remy X likes this.
    Hey just wanted to chime in and also say that being the digital packrat that I am, I have a sizeable Palm OS archive from OS 4.1 upgrades to random PRCs and themes and to drop me a PM if anyone needs anything.

I don't drop in here nearly as much as I used to, so allow time.

UPDATE: I spend a bit of time sorting it, it's in my signature now.
    also, if you want to contribute to it, feel free to drop me a line with a file
    Last edited by xandros9; 04/07/2015 at 01:59 PM.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Remy X likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast