Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone!

New to these forums and so far the help from you all has been great! Thank you!

I've been rocking a centro for many years. Honestly, it works great but I have a few questions .

1- now that Sprint Picture mail is over, is there any solution for sending and receiving pics/mms?
    2- while browsing in the stock blazer, quite often I get alerts that a security certificate is invalid, etc..

Thanks in advance for any help!

Nicholas
    Tough one. We're are all worried about the future of webOS and you are still using PalmOS.

There has been a problem on webOS with expired certificates, so your first task might be to find out how these are managed in the browser on PalmOS in the hope of updating them.

IF the process is similar to webOS, you could read this thread: [Solved] Microsoft Outlook Certificate Expired

Or you may find useful old threads in this PalmOS section where you've posted your query.

Another option may be if there is a third party browser that is still maintained.

About the MMS, I've no idea, but maybe you could try contacting the participants on this thread:
    WTB ATT Treo 680

They may have either experienced your problems in the past or be about to experience them... ;-)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/04/2014 at 10:33 AM.
    elgrillo75 likes this.
    For MMS... you'd need low level access to the cellular interface, for a third-party app to be able to add standard MMS functionality to Palm OS. I have no idea if Palm OS makes that available to developers. The other option is for an app like that to send the photo to a "VOIP gateway" that will generate a valid MMS, similar to how you can send an SMS from Google Voice, Skype or Yahoo Messenger. Both options involve building an app, and i'm not sure who would want to do that for fun...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    For MMS... you'd need low level access to the cellular interface, for a third-party app to be able to add standard MMS functionality to Palm OS. I have no idea if Palm OS makes that available to developers. The other option is for an app like that to send the photo to a "VOIP gateway" that will generate a valid MMS, similar to how you can send an SMS from Google Voice, Skype or Yahoo Messenger. Both options involve building an app, and i'm not sure who would want to do that for fun...
    Thanks for your help. I think I may be out of luck on the mms. I can live with the browser error messages every once in a while.

Thanks again!