1.    #1  
    I have several PQA'a that don't seem to work anymore. ESPN, DA, 555-1212, and MobileWeb. I'm sure at one point I've used them on the Treo, but they're the same ones I had on my 6035, and they worked then. I've got all the webclipping files, and I've tried to resync them but I get errors on 3 of them. They open fine, but when I make a choice, it trys to connect and then gives me a "Your handheld could not connect to the server.": mad: Any ideas on what is causing this? I've heard of some sevices not supporting them anymore, like Wells Fargo, but I'm sure ESPN and Mobileweb.still does. Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks
    Roger
    PQA's require a server at your service provider to work. That's why you get an error, there isn't one.

However Blazer will fill in the blanks if you know the exact address of the target. I have found a list of links in the forums that work. From your Treo go to handspring.com and you will get some there.

Ebay is an example. Now I just use Blazer to do it. If you want look at palmgear.com for a replacement pqa browser. JPSystems's can be downloaded but your carrier has to have a server for it.

Derek
  3.    #3  
    I've had Sprint for the entire time, and I've used all these at one time or another. Has Sprint just recently stopped supporting these PQA's, or am I misunderstanding what your saying?

Roger
    Just tested a couple of mine, and they're fine.
    (I don't think that other guy really understood your question).

I'd suggest reinstalling the whole process, and seeing if that does it.
    After a fatal error and hard reset, my PQA's were toast. I had to reinstall everything to get them working again. They now work just fine.
    You may see the PQA icons and be able to click upon them but this is a misleading characteristic of PQAs. They are not standalone applications; they are compressed HTML pages with an icon associated with them. They do nothing unless you have a Web Clipping Browser installed.

OmniSky, Palm VII, Palm i705 and some Kyocera smartphones have a web-clipping browser pre-installed. Other Palm devices cannot use web clipping unless you install the Palm OS 3.3 updater which is really the guts of the Mobile Internet Kit from Palm.

Even if you install this kit however using directions mentioned elsewhere on this board, your access to web clipping is essentially a hack into Palms web clipping service and Palm may not be very happy about you using it without paying. Add to this the fact that the hack is essentially not secure because devices that legitimately use web clipping have a unique ID in ROM to ensure security. A Treo does not have this number. For this reason some secure transaction PQAs will not work on a Treo with the web clipping software installed. A less security conscious PQA may allow your transaction thru but there is no guarantee of your information being secure.

The good news is that many PQAs will work fine and can be a useful enhancement to a Treo. I use the web clipping portion of the AOL 3.0 client called My AOL. This portion of the AOL client is not clearly a PQA but web clipping is what you need to make it work.

Bottom line: no one said your clipping apps would still work. If they do, it is a bonus. If they don't, its time to find alternate means to access the service you need.
  7.    #7  
    What I don't understand is why Ilm having problems and many others with 300s are not. Are they getting bonuses I'm not? My 300 crashed hard the other day (still haven't figured out why) so I took the opp to hard reset and only install web clippings and pqa's to see if the worked fresh. Nope. Other's seem to be on Sprint with 300's and they work. Conclusion, I'm doing somethin wrong. Is Blazer a supported Web Clipping browser? Ilve intalled Eudora and they still don't work. Bottom line is if the work on one 300, they should work on them all, right?
    Originally posted by nrosser
    Just tested a couple of mine, and they're fine.
    (I don't think that other guy really understood your question).

I'd suggest reinstalling the whole process, and seeing if that does it.
    I'm just now giving PQA's a try. After installing the web clipping apps, both PQA's I've tried give me, "server unavailable". Would you mind posting one of your PQA's that you've tried recently so I can see if my installation works?
    Markhall,

Go into Prefs>Wireless then Tap the IP address that is there. Then hit the default button on the screen that comes up. Click Ok. Try conencting now.
  10.    #10  
    I don't know how you found that out, but after never being able to connect with PQAs and trying for months to get an answer why it doesn't work on my Treo and does on others, this fixed the problem. Why did it have the IP in there that didn't work? Why does this one work? Not that I care, I'm happy that it's finally working, but I'm a "Why" guy. Thanks for the tip.

Roger
    I am having the same problem to connect with PQA, but when I go to wireless to prompt default I get an error message stating 'ERROR: CANNOT FIND INETLIB. ANY CHANGES YOU MAKE WILL NOT TAKE EFFECT UNTIL INETLIB RESTARTS. SUGGEST RESETTING DEVICE' ......I have soft reset my treo several time but with no luck, the same error message come up.....................any suggestion
    I would try re-installing all the web clipping libraries. Are you sure you have the correct ones for Palm OS 3.5.2? Get them here. Then do a soft reset, then change the IP to default.
    Originally posted by Appleman
    Markhall,

Go into Prefs>Wireless then Tap the IP address that is there. Then hit the default button on the screen that comes up. Click Ok. Try conencting now.
    That did the trick. I should apologise for not digging deeper before I made the post. You had suggested resetting the IP in an earlier post that I found after doing a little more digging yesterday. Regards, Mark