1.    #1  
    In Vericahat, buddy ponce works only when you are in the application? I was hopping that it would send an SMS message to my 270 when I wasn't in the application letting me know my buddy had logged on.

BTW, this is a MSn buddy.

Does anyone know if a program for the desktop version of MSn or Trillian exist? ie get an sms message when someone logs on.

tia
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    It works for me!
    It will send me an SMS when I'm not in the Verichat application.
    This is an AIM buddy so maybe it responds differently than MSN.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I haven't noticed getting an sms for any of the services.... are we missing something?
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    In the latest update of AIM for PC ... you can have messages forwad to your cell phone when you are not logged on. ... when you sign off of aim (on your pc) your buddies will see a celluar device icon next to your name. when they im you, they get a reply saying "your buddy is using a mobile device and may not respond".... you will get a SMS message.

you can also now add a cell phone# as a buddy, to send a sms message to cellphones that can recieve text messages.

as for verichat ... i still dont see my buddies away status
    Originally posted by cjc2k
    In the latest update of AIM for PC ... you can have messages forwad to your cell phone when you are not logged on. ... when you sign off of aim (on your pc) your buddies will see a celluar device icon next to your name. when they im you, they get a reply saying "your buddy is using a mobile device and may not respond".... you will get a SMS message.

you can also now add a cell phone# as a buddy, to send a sms message to cellphones that can recieve text messages.

Where are you finding all this in the desktop version of AIM? I have the latest version, and I don't even see an option for getting an SMS message or inputting a cell # as a buddy.
    Originally posted by christo1970
    I haven't noticed getting an sms for any of the services.... are we missing something?
    Hey Christo

The buddy pounce seems to only work once when a buddy is not signed on. You can create a buddy pounce if that person is not currently signed on and once they do sign on you should get an SMS that they are now available.
    It would be nice to set a buddy pounce in the prefs for whomever you want that "always" alerts you when they come online instead of each time having to create it.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Its a beta aim heres a link to it
    http://www.aim.com/get_aim/win/win_beta.adp
    when you download that, then goto
    http://alerts.aol.com/IFDevice/index.psp
    and enter your sn and password then the rest of the directions are on that page