1.    #1  
    what's the easiest way to use my treo 300 as a modem for my mac ibook? i've read the postings, the treo users guide and i'm totally confused...
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I would suggest Wireless Modem software and purchasing a USB/charge cable. That's what I use and it works just fine. Be sure to read the instructions that come with Wireless Modem. The USB/ charge cable is one cable and will keep your Treo from running down while using it.
  3.    #3  
    i'm trying to connect using wirelessmodem, but can't seem to get laptop to recognize treo as modem.

when i go to modem control panel, there is no Port list ("connect via internal modem" is pre set), so i cannot select USB Palm as suggested in instructions for the software.

thoughts?
    Originally posted by yoideaman
    i'm trying to connect using wirelessmodem, but can't seem to get laptop to recognize treo as modem.

when i go to modem control panel, there is no Port list ("connect via internal modem" is pre set), so i cannot select USB Palm as suggested in instructions for the software.

thoughts?
    As I posted in another thread (you only need to post your question once), you must install the Palm Desktop supplied by Handspring before you'll see the port.