Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This was just released on PalmGear today! You're supposed to be able to use your Treo as a modem via USB Hotsync! FINALLY!!! Post your results people...
  2.    #2  
    Palmnet for Treo

Here's the link!
    Isn't this what WirelessModem from Scott Gruby/Notify Mail does (works on my Mac with T180 and T270)?

Check out:

www.notifymail.com

and look for the link to WirelesModem.

Also do a search on these forums.
    Last edited by jposin; 03/14/2003 at 04:23 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by jposin
    A little late...WirelessModem from Scott Gruby/Notify Mail has been out for a while and discussed extensively here.

Check out:

www.notifymail.com

and look for the link to WirelesModem.

Also do a search on these forums.
    A little slow you are buddy. This particular software supports internet connection via USB WITH WINDOWS. WirelessModem does not do this. I suggest checking the threads again. Maybe you are a Mac user as "Palmnet" wouldn't apply to you... damn those hoitey toitey Mac addicts!!!
  5. jsr
    Originally posted by 003oret
    This was just released on PalmGear today! You're supposed to be able to use your Treo as a modem via USB Hotsync! FINALLY!!! Post your results people...

I think I'll stick with WirelessModem for now....

I loaded the software and first time I tried to hotsync after loading it the PalmNet software (on the PC) crashed. I then closed down Hotsync Manger, restarted the PalmNet software, and tried to connect. This time it crashed both my Treo and blue screened XP. I rebooted both devices and tried one more time, this time only the PC crashed crashed.

Time to uninstall now...
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by jsr

I think I'll stick with WirelessModem for now....

I loaded the software and first time I tried to hotsync after loading it the PalmNet software (on the PC) crashed. I then closed down Hotsync Manger, restarted the PalmNet software, and tried to connect. This time it crashed both my Treo and blue screened XP. I rebooted both devices and tried one more time, this time only the PC crashed crashed.

Time to uninstall now...
    I wouldn't give up so soon. I was just communicating with the developer who spent awhile trying to resolve the issues. He seemed pretty committed in getting it to work for all! He said they might pull back the release and work out the bugs and re-release it. Now we'll have to wait and see. This guy was really helpful!
    003oret--

Lighten up a bit. You made an announcement. It was not clear that you knew about Scott Gruby's app, and it was not clear what platform you were working with. We're trying to help here--maybe 'thanks for the tip, but I need help with Windows connectivity' would have been a bit more appropriate..
    A little competition is healthy for all (assuming PalmNet eventually works).
  9.    #9  
    thanx for the tip, but i need help with windows connectivity...
    Originally posted by 003oret
    damn those hoitey toitey Mac addicts!!!
    You better watch yourself buddy!! I am keeping my eye on you now............

j/k
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by Appleman

You better watch yourself buddy!! I am keeping my eye on you now............

>: p

j/k
  12.    #12  
    IT WORKS!!! I am surfing the net with Treo300, Windows XP, via USB hotsync cable, and the new Palmnet software. Man oh man! WOOHOO!! Speeds are pretty good too. I'll be ditching my home dsl and phone line soon.
    Can it work with Treo 270?
    For PalmNet1.0 users:

Trouble Shooting (fixes coming soon! stay tuned)
    If you got: Error: Serial: port in use (0x0307) on PalmNet/PDA
    Try: In the app launcher of your PDA, tab Prefs->Network, bring up the menu (tab on to title bar), tab Options/Preferences, see if "Connect to the date network whenever wireless mode is powered on." is checked. UNCHECK it if it is checked and try to launch PalmNet (on the PDA) again.

If you got: PalmNet crashes on Desktop after installation
    Try: Quit Hotsync Manager before installation, and
    Try: Uninstall IrComm (the Virtual IR COM Driver) if you have installed it before, the driver might conflicts with the PalmNet Universal Driver.

If you got: PalmNet/PDA quits after closing the lid.
    Try: Assign a PDA button for the PalmNet App and press it with the Lid closed
    Originally posted by ManofTrueGod
    Can it work with Treo 270?
    Apparently not. Check their site for information. I did e-mail them with a request for developing a Treo 270 app. The more of us, 270-users, asking -- the better the chance.
    m00se

PlamNet site:
    http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/
    Last edited by m00se; 03/15/2003 at 04:50 PM.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Originally posted by jsr

Time to uninstall now...
    The above problems have been fixed with the release of PalmNet version 1.1, which is much more stable than version 1.0. Visit http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet for an upgrade.
    PdaNet(PalmNet) Support
    Let your PC go online using Treo
    <a href="http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet">http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet</a>
    Palmnet 1.1 was my first experience and so far I think it rocks. Simple install, no errors yet (fingers crossed), great speed! Where has this app been is all I can say?

Dunc
    One question: Will there be a version for the TREO 180 using GPRS?
    Originally posted by Justdoitalex
    One question: Will there be a version for the TREO 180 using GPRS?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=32949
    sure, NOW all i have to do is spend $100 putting XP on my laptop...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast