1.    #1  
    Does AOL instant messanger v 1.1 cause a fatal alert on anyone's Treo 300 when you try to run this app? I have to perform a hard reset when I try to run AIM. Any ideas out there?
    There are MANY threads on this. I'd advise searching for them.

- m
    i have been using the UK version 1.0 with no problem try at www.aol.co.uk/aim

just make sure to log off B4 leaving the app to avoid problems
    Ha AIM on a Treo! I've tried all the versions, US & UK. Each time somebody would say it was stable I'd act like a lemming and march right over and install it. Each version always ended with a hard reset. Get Verichat, lots more functionality and rock solid.

Dunc
    I use the UK version in conjuction with IM forwarding

You will get an SMS message when someone IMs you at which point you can sign on to AIM and reply! Even better, it is reliable and free!

~Lemieux66
    I have been using AIM on my Treo 300 for five months and have no issues. What is happenning is these complainers have third party software that is interfering. There are no special settings and you can log on with different sign in names with no issues.

Mine never bombs and works very fast, and is very useful travelling--------all for free.

get rid of some trash and do a hard reset and then restore everything hotsynch wise. Now install and it will work.

Always exit this program when done, however, as it may corrupt if unused. A soft reset would fix this if you forget and it blows up.

I hate AOL but the AIM feature is awfully good.
    JON
    What is happenning is these complainers have third party software that is interfering. There are no special settings and you can log on with different sign in names with no issues.
    Ha. That would be nice if it were true. Now granted I may not have tried the most recent version of the client, but I won't go near a new client now. I have tried every previous version (US & UK) and they all suck. I've tried them with and without other apps - because I've had to hard reset the unit so many times. It could very well be that other apps were the cause of some of the crashes - but as they all function fine on their own it's AIM that's having a problem with others, not others having a problem with AIM.

One other thing, the US version of AIM isn't free - it's $19.99. Pretty pricey for the crap that it is...

Dunc