1.    #1  
    Ok I'm a ringtone flunkie and I'm having trouble getting the jist of it.

TCRinger seems great, but is it possible to make ones own polyphonic ringtones to use with it from mp3s? I'm so confused about this.

I would be happy to buy TCRinger if I could find some decent polyphonic ringtones or make my own on my Mac from my favorite mp3s.

Any replies would be appreciated.
    Last edited by isayx3; 03/13/2003 at 11:42 PM.
    why woudlnt u download ur favourite midi files use website 2 convert to PDB then use ringo to set it??
    Originally posted by quake8
    why woudlnt u download ur favourite midi files use website 2 convert to PDB then use ringo to set it??
    essentially that sums up the procedure. you can adjust the midi files using anvil studio then conver to pdb using palm midi desktop and then set as ringtones using either ringo or tcringer.

forget mp3's
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12

essentially that sums up the procedure. you can adjust the midi files using anvil studio then conver to pdb using palm midi desktop and then set as ringtones using either ringo or tcringer.

forget mp3's
    OK - I'm a newbie to ringtones to. Downloaded TCRinger, but want to create my own. Sounds like I can edit using Anvil, but what is this "Palm MIDI Desktop"?

Thanks.
    palm midi desktop is a free program that will let you edit pdb files to add ringtones (among other things, i imagine but that's all i did with it) you can also make your midi files into a pdb using treocentral's online java script at this link:

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    but does anybody out there have a reasonably good source for MIDI files? I don't want to start an entire "Napster" argument here, nor do I want to get into the ethical implications of stealing intelectual property. There must be a source out there that hasn't been shut down, I just don't know it.

Sorry if this has been covered in previous threads. I did a quick search and did't find anything.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    palm midi desktop is a free program that will let you edit pdb files to add ringtones (among other things, i imagine but that's all i did with it) you can also make your midi files into a pdb using treocentral's online java script at this link:

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php
    Just a nit, here, but Marcus' script is programmed in HTML and PHP, a server-side scripting language. There's no javascript involved at all.
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Originally posted by Druce MacFarlane
    but does anybody out there have a reasonably good source for MIDI files? I don't want to start an entire "Napster" argument here, nor do I want to get into the ethical implications of stealing intelectual property. There must be a source out there that hasn't been shut down, I just don't know it.
    Far be it from me to suggest that you pirate music. But if you just want to listen to a broad selection of MIDI files, you can find a lot of them at this link:

MIDI Search Engine
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Another place to preview and download free MIDI ringers is www.mbuzzy.com. This is really for normal cell phones, but you can right click on the "listen" link and just download the MIDI to your computer.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.