1.    #1  
    I'm on my 4th 180 and I will be up for contract renewal in June.

Is the Treo 300 more reliable? and thus worth the money?..or should I jump ship to another platform. Is their a viable palm based alternative to my Treo nightmare?

I don't see the 300 thread that I find in 180 which goes something like "I've had my Treo replaced so many times I'm on a first name basis with Handspring Cust. Serv." or "I have Handspring Cust. Serv. on speed dial."

Peace out you lucky bastards....
  2.    #2  
    hmmmm...

I guess none of you like your 300s enough to go out on a limb and say they're Much more reliable.

So I'll take that as a no....
    I don't think many people have had both a 180/270 and a 300 to make the comparison you are asking.
    I've had a 180 and a 300, neither of which have had problems.
    FWIW, the only major difference should be the radio. The case, hinges, keyboard, antenna, battery and the like should be pretty similar. That said, you can see the range of problems folks have had with their Treos by searching the forums:

Hinges/speaker wire (early T180/270)
    Displays (early 270)
    Radio freezes (early 180/270--nonGPRS)
    Bad headset jacks
    Loose SIM doors (180/270)
    Power management problems
    Software glitches (auto-on if unsent SMS messages are in outbox (180/270)).
    Originally posted by sketch
    I'm on my 4th 180 and I will be up for contract renewal in June.

Is the Treo 300 more reliable? and thus worth the money?..or should I jump ship to another platform. Is their a viable palm based alternative to my Treo nightmare?

I don't see the 300 thread that I find in 180 which goes something like "I've had my Treo replaced so many times I'm on a first name basis with Handspring Cust. Serv." or "I have Handspring Cust. Serv. on speed dial."

Peace out you lucky bastards....
    I've replaced my 180 4 times. Then I bought a 270 and never had problems with it. So I believe that many manufacturing problems have been worked out and newer units (270 an 300) are of better quality.
  7.    #7  
    Although other things have gone wrong with my phone.

mostly with the hinge....

The radio has been the consistently poor performing item of my treo.

Well hopefully the 300 will go down in price a bit so I can afford to switch.