Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    I have been having problems connecting to vision the past few days and have worked with sprint to fix this. However after doing several hard resets I think this was just a network problem that the techs in who knows where knew nothing about.

    The biggest problem was that when my BC tried to connect to get email pushed to me it could not connect to vision and so poped up a dialog box saying so. Once this box poped up the whole device would not do anything until it was cleared. This means that without me knowing it BC when to connect to email and could not but then the dialog box lock up the whole device for hours not allowing me to even recieve a phone call.

    Is there a utility to automaticly push OK after so many seconds? I don't think that is is a BC problem because the screen that locks it up is the vision connection screen not BC... BC just initiates the connection.

    Any Ideas?
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by softhome
    Is there a utility to automaticly push OK after so many seconds? I don't think that is is a BC problem because the screen that locks it up is the vision connection screen not BC... BC just initiates the connection.

    Any Ideas?
    Yes that is a problem. On my softwares I have a simple mechanism to auto-OK a vision connection failure. It is not global however. I did look into how to make it global but I don't have a fix for it as of yet.

    It is as you say, a pretty nasty situation. The failure dialog prevents most things from working after that point, and if it occurs during an unattended operation it is the worst situation.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by potatoho


    On my softwares I have a simple mechanism to auto-OK a vision connection failure.

    Where can I get this type of mechanism. I have searched the internet for a utility or fix but so far have not found anything. What software do you have to do this?

    Thanks!
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by softhome
    Where can I get this type of mechanism. I have searched the internet for a utility or fix but so far have not found anything. What software do you have to do this?
    Okay I edited my response because I'm now testing a better alternative to the code I posted. I've added the auto-OK feature to TreoHelper but I'm not going to upload this version (it will be 0.5) until I've done some more testing to make sure it doesn't crash & burn etc. So far so good

    Follow this thread..
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=32419
    Last edited by potatoho; 03/13/2003 at 11:47 PM.

Posting Permissions