Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i just got two (one for each car), hands free driver's universal "fone" headset. It attaches to the back rails of the head rests. It has been mentioned in a number of threads.

HOWEVER, HEARTLANDAMERICA.COM HAS THEM FOR ONLY $20 EACH! I SAW THEM FOR AS MUCH AS $90 EACH!
    Do these work with the special Nokia type headset? It says it works with "all phones with headset adaptors" which I take to mean the most common type. Of course the Treo doesn't work with the most common type....
    If this is the product I think it is (tecno?), the unit is "universal." The key is that you have to buy an adapter specific for your phone. The adapters run $10-$20, depending on where you get them. The nice thing is that you can have an adaptor for each phone, if you have multiple phone types, and not need to blow big bucks on another headrest unit.

Of course I have no idea if this is what Heartland is selling, but Tecno made the only headrest handsfree that I knew of....
  4.    #4  
    it is not a headset such as you could walk around with, it fits on the back of the head rest rails and clips onto them. it does not need an adapter and it works on mine right out of the box. Jay. take a look a this link:

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/se/97198.html
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    it is not a headset such as you could walk around with, it fits on the back of the head rest rails and clips onto them. it does not need an adapter and it works on mine right out of the box. Jay. take a look a this link:

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/se/97198.html
    Wow! As the advertisement says .. most other vendors sell this for $99 or more! The lowest (cheapest) I've seen it is $79.

I'm buy'n .. 3 of 'em at this price .. one for each car!
    Originally posted by pbryon
    If this is the product I think it is (tecno?), the unit is "universal." The key is that you have to buy an adapter specific for your phone. The adapters run $10-$20, depending on where you get them. The nice thing is that you can have an adaptor for each phone, if you have multiple phone types, and not need to blow big bucks on another headrest unit.

Of course I have no idea if this is what Heartland is selling, but Tecno made the only headrest handsfree that I knew of....
    I know that siedio.com (?) sells adapters .. anyone else?
  7.    #7  
    I DID FORGET TO POST AN UPDATE FOR MY ORGINAL POSTING. YOU WILL NEED AN ADAPTER FOR THIS HANDSFREE UNIT FOR THE CORD GOING FROM THE UNIT TO YOUR TREO. IT IS AVAILABLE FROM Seidio.com.
    Your order was received on 14-Mar-2003

The details of your order are as follows:

HNK8260CON - Audio Adapter for Treo 180/270/300, Nokia 3300/8200. Unit Price: $9.95.

SO FOR LESS THAN 30 BUCKS PLUS SHIPPING, YOU WIND UOP WITH BOTH THE HANDSFREE UNIT AND THE ADAPTE.

IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM! I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE UNIT SOUNDS AS GOOD ON THE OTHER END AS IT SOUNDS IN THE CAR! ENJOY!
    I ordered the handsfree unit(s) on 3/13 .. and the adapter(s) .. on 3/21. I'm expecting deliveries 'round 3/27. Once everything arrives and gets installed .. and "tested" .. I'll post a review!
  9.    #9  
    Let me know if you enjoy using it. We love it. It is a snap to use and great reception. There are volume controls on the rear of the unit, one for speaker and one for the mic!

take care, Jay
    I DID FORGET TO POST AN UPDATE FOR MY ORGINAL POSTING. YOU WILL NEED AN ADAPTER FOR THIS HANDSFREE UNIT FOR THE CORD GOING FROM THE UNIT TO YOUR TREO. IT IS AVAILABLE FROM Seidio.com.
    Your order was received on 14-Mar-2003

The details of your order are as follows:

HNK8260CON - Audio Adapter for Treo 180/270/300, Nokia 3300/8200. Unit Price: $9.95.

SO FOR LESS THAN 30 BUCKS PLUS SHIPPING, YOU WIND UOP WITH BOTH THE HANDSFREE UNIT AND THE ADAPTE.

IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM! I HAVE BEEN TOLD THE UNIT SOUNDS AS GOOD ON THE OTHER END AS IT SOUNDS IN THE CAR! ENJOY!
    The Drivers Fone System was delivered today .. 10 working days as promised! And you know what?? For the $20, it INCLUDED a NOKIA adapter (3-rings) and a Universal adapter!

I gave it a test and it works!!

Let me use it for 'bout a week and I'll post a review.
  11.    #11  
    the 3 ring adpater included with mine, only let you hear but not speak. however the adpater that I got from siedio works like a charm! take care, jay
    the 3 ring adpater included with mine, only let you hear but not speak. however the adpater that I got from siedio works like a charm! take care, jay
    Really?

I've got the siedio adapter (just in case), but so far .. just using the 3-ring adapter that came w/the unit - works both ways! I can hear and speak w/o any problems.

Question? Do you keep it powered up all the time, or just when you "receive/make" a call?

Does the on/off switch work like .. the button on the Treo handsfree earpiece?

Anyone else who reads this .. I strongly recommend this device.
    At $20 .. its a deal!
  13.    #13  
    i have never used the ear piece that came with the treo. Due to side effect from suregry, I cannot use in the ear "bud" type headsets for the phone or for a walkman.

as far as the switch goes on the "fone" unit we both use, it turns the unit on and off apparently the unit will not work unless the switch is on. I shut it off when I leave the car in case this might drain the battery.

Funny about the adapters that came with yours and the 2 that came with mine. I am ordering a 3 unit for spar parts as this is the best and safest unit I have ever had with any cell phone! take care, Jay
    From the picture on the site it looks like you need to attach it to the bars of the headrest. My car has integrated headrests so no bars. Will I still be able to install the set?
  15.    #15  
    i do not think so, sorry
    Originally posted by Mol
    From the picture on the site it looks like you need to attach it to the bars of the headrest. My car has integrated headrests so no bars. Will I still be able to install the set?
    In the packaging that come w/my unit(s) .. there was a flyer that addresses this. For something like $6.99 you can purchase some sort of strapping kit (no picture was provided).

I haven't given it much thought, but I'm sure that you could probably "rig something" .. velcro, bungi cord - elastic strap to make it work.

The product is called: Drivers Fone Model 001
    The company: Products 2 Retail LLC
    C/O PHD
    9100 Ninth Street, #100
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
    email: sales@products2retail.com

i have never used the ear piece that came with the treo. Due to side effect from suregry, I cannot use in the ear "bud" type headsets for the phone or for a walkman.

as far as the switch goes on the "fone" unit we both use, it turns the unit on and off apparently the unit will not work unless the switch is on. I shut it off when I leave the car in case this might drain the battery.

Funny about the adapters that came with yours and the 2 that came with mine. I am ordering a 3 unit for spar parts as this is the best and safest unit I have ever had with any cell phone! take care, Jay
    => Sorry 'bout the surgery effects. This (board) isn't the place to get into it - but I hope everything worked out for you.

==> I guess I wasn't clear in my inquiry. On the ear bud and most other types of handsfree sets, there is a button to push to basically "answer" the call. So you don't have to open the Treo to "answer".

I know that the Drivers Fone "switch" turns the unit on/off (red light), but what I didn't know is if it works like the answer button?

So if you effectively keep the Drivers Fone "ON" all the time (except when you're not in the car) .. what do you do when you get a call on your Treo (flip the lid?).

You know .. for $20 .. I was thinking the same thing.

I've got a spare unit right now, at least until my wife decides she wants to use the Drivers Fone (3rd one) in her car. She'll either have to give up her Hawaiian seat covers OR .. I'll have to rig something to install the unit.

Take it easy .. and thanks again for the original post!

19.    #19  
    ANYTIME, EVERYONE SHOULD JUMP ONTIO THIS ONE, IT IS GREAT! TAKE CARE, jAY
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Got mine in the mail today. Looks to be a decent setup. Did everyone use the universal adapter instead of the Nokia?

Thanks,
    Tim
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast