1.    #1  
    Ok I'm new to treo 300 and just got TC Ringer yesterday. How do I download ringers that aren't from TC Ringer? For instance the free ones available on many websites. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tamela
    you can use any ringtones that are meant for the treo 300, and probably some that aren't. however to get the most out of the capabilities of the treo, you want to download polyphonic ones. (some of those are available free, and some have free samples that give a few out of a larger set you can buy. such is the case with mine but this is not an advertisement...)

once you have ringtones you want in midi format, they need to be in a PDB file that you can sync onto your treo. that can be done with palm midi desktop and a java page that treocentral put up here

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php

the treo300 sets you buy (or download samples as above) already come in the PDB format. once you sync them onto your treo, tcringer will find them.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Is there a limit to the length the midi file has to be?
    handspring specifies that midi files should be under 10k. to play it safe, tcringer only allows 9 k. ringo will let you set longer ones but they will be unstable
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Can anyone recommend a small midi sequencer that I can use to trim down songs? I have sonar somewhere, but I am looking for something smaller (to install at work) with out all the features.
    anvil studio. free download at downloads.com or hotfiles.com. the free features are enough to work on ringtones.
    Can you use any MIDI file if it's short enough and convert that to the ring tone? I have seen some MIDI versions of Rush songs and I would like to use a sample as a ring tone.
    TIA, Matt Burkhard
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Can you use any MIDI file if it's short enough and convert that to the ring tone? I have seen some MIDI versions of Rush songs and I would like to use a sample as a ring tone.
    TIA, Matt Burkhard
    the simple answer is yes. the long answer is that personally, i think PARTS of songs, rather than whole songs, make the best ringtones, which was what led me to make a bunch in the first place.

also, the treo cannot accurately reproduce every midi instrument.

for these reasons and internal volume, it seems to help if you edit them a bit in anvil studio, mentioned above.
    yes, I agree about certain parts of the song being used..........the catchy part or hook is you will. also some seem just perfect for the job. thanx