1.    #1  
    When a large page is saved from AvantGo into "Memo," it most often exceeds Memo's 4000 character limit and results in several smaller Memo files. What is the easiest way of combining these files into one? I was thinking that Wordsmith would have a simpler method than opening each file individually, selecting all the text, copying, pasting to a new file, and repeating the operation for each memo to be combined. Does it (have a simpler way)? If not, is there an alternative approach? Thanks.
    Last edited by copernicus; 03/12/2003 at 06:15 PM.
    If they are actually multiple memos, you can hotsynch, highlight all the memos you want in palm desktop, copy, and paste into an editor to get them all concatenated with one funny little character where each memo break was. You can edit, and then use the Wordsmith conduit to get the combined doc file back onto the PDA. I'm not sure of the best way to do this on the PDA.

It may be that you have one long memo, which the native memopad app will deal with as multiple memos. If in fact you have a long memo, there are various editors (pedit pro, cryptopad (free)) that can deal with memos up to 32K. I'm not sure if either can save in doc format though. If you just want to view and edit the text, cryptopad may be a reasonable solution.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for your comments awschwab. I actually was trying to do it on the Treo. I appreciate your suggestions regarding pedit pro and crytopad. Maybe I do need to find an editor or a file manager that will simplify this operation (actually I need to find an editor period ). At that point I could decide whether to bring it into Wordsmith or not. Seems a bit like overkill though.

Best,
    -c.

Originally posted by awschwab
    If they are actually multiple memos, you can hotsynch, highlight all the memos you want in palm desktop, copy, and paste into an editor to get them all concatenated with one funny little character where each memo break was. You can edit, and then use the Wordsmith conduit to get the combined doc file back onto the PDA. I'm not sure of the best way to do this on the PDA.

It may be that you have one long memo, which the native memopad app will deal with as multiple memos. If in fact you have a long memo, there are various editors (pedit pro, cryptopad (free)) that can deal with memos up to 32K. I'm not sure if either can save in doc format though. If you just want to view and edit the text, cryptopad may be a reasonable solution.