Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Mostly, I like my Treo 300.......... BUT I JUST HATE the software problem that the phone always returns to speed dial mode when I "hang up" a call.

HUGE oversight by Handsprings' programming dept.

So many times I'm dialing from the address book and I dial a contact's phone number....they're not there.....then I want to dial one of the same contacts other numbers. but ....... aaraargh......the damn software kicks me back to speed dial and I have to look up the same contact all over again.

The same thing happens if you receive a call while working in some other program....expenses.....memo... to do list....whatever............ Answer the call.....hang up......bang.....you're sent to speed dial mode and have to navigate your way back to what you were working on before the call.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS PRODUCT CAME TO MARKET WITH SUCH A GLARING SOFTWARE GLITCH!!!!.

Anyone have a possible fix for this......Handspring.....are you listening?????? uPGRADE PLEASE ??????

Warren C.
    Warren C.
    Why do you call this a "glitch"? I believe it's supposed to do that. The Treo 300 is a phone. When you open the lid, naturally it launches the phone function (as other phones do). Handspring designed it that way. It might not be what you want it to do, but for heaven's sake, let's not lambaste the poor programmers for "overlooking" something which is actually an expected behaviour.

I remember seeing something about this issue on Handspring's site ... hang on ... let me dig up the page ... here, try this (I searched on "flip open speed dial"):

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH

So if you don't like that behaviour, the Buttons-T application (which I have installed on my own Treo) works great. It's freeware. Woo hooh! Thanks, "mindgear" whoever you are.

"Hint: To have Treo open to the last application used, set the option for Lid Open to "None.""
    To solve your problem get TreoButton at:
    http://homepage2.nifty.com/hackerdudesan/index-e.html

Treo Button.....
    1. What's Treo Button
    Supported device: treo 180, treo 180g, treo 270(Not tested, but may work), treo90).
    This program runs on HandSpring's treo only and change the behavior when Lid is open or Jog rocker is pushed while treo is powered off. ( This won't work on treo 90)
    On treo with keyboard , you can also change the application when application launch button is pushed with option buttun or shift key.
    You can disable program switch which occurs when lid is open or Jog rocker is pushed by setting the Lid Open or Jog Pushed to '--None--'

Great little app.

Originally posted by Boodles
    Why do you call this a "glitch"? I believe it's supposed to do that. The Treo 300 is a phone. When you open the lid, naturally it launches the phone function (as other phones do). Handspring designed it that way. It might not be what you want it to do, but for heaven's sake, let's not lambaste the poor programmers for "overlooking" something which is actually an expected behaviour.

I remember seeing something about this issue on Handspring's site ... hang on ... let me dig up the page ... here, try this (I searched on "flip open speed dial"):

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH

So if you don't like that behaviour, the Buttons-T application (which I have installed on my own Treo) works great. It's freeware. Woo hooh! Thanks, "mindgear" whoever you are.

"Hint: To have Treo open to the last application used, set the option for Lid Open to "None.""
    Last edited by tomfurie; 03/12/2003 at 03:59 PM.
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm already using TREO BUTTON, which is great software....but it doesn't solve the problem I find so annoying.

I'm not talking about what happens when you open the flip up lid... I'm talking about USING THE TREO AS A PHONE ....with a built in address book.

TRY IT YOURSELF.

Find a contact in your address book and dial his home number...then...say... he doesn't answer and you want to dial his cell phone number instead...... when you hang up the first call..... MY EXPECTED BEHAVIOR .... is that the software would take would go back to the CONTACT in the phone book.....so you could choose another number ....... not to the speed dial page.....which requires me to look up the same contact a second time.

I repeat.........AAAARRRGH!

Warren C.
    Warren C.
    Originally posted by Wchapman
    Mostly, I like my Treo 300.......... BUT I JUST HATE the software problem that the phone always returns to speed dial mode when I "hang up" a call.
    The first line says it all, but 3 people all respond with the same incorrect answer. LOL
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    You're right... this is one big PITA and we need a fix. If anyone finds a solution, please let us know!

Randy

I'm already using TREO BUTTON, which is great software....but it doesn't solve the problem I find so annoying.

I'm not talking about what happens when you open the flip up lid... I'm talking about USING THE TREO AS A PHONE ....with a built in address book.

TRY IT YOURSELF.

Find a contact in your address book and dial his home number...then...say... he doesn't answer and you want to dial his cell phone number instead...... when you hang up the first call..... MY EXPECTED BEHAVIOR .... is that the software would take would go back to the CONTACT in the phone book.....so you could choose another number ....... not to the speed dial page.....which requires me to look up the same contact a second time.

Warren C.

Warren C.
    That's too bad, because this is exactly how my treo works! Wonder why the 300's changed?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Can't imagine why there would be different application software on the T-300 vs. the T-270.

Why do the 300 users get shortchanged?

Also, doesn't the T-270 have an expansion slot of some kind?

Maybe I should be looking to switch to Cingular.

Warren C.
    Warren C.

Also, doesn't the T-270 have an expansion slot of some kind?

No it doesn't! I wish though.........
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

TRY IT YOURSELF.

Warren C.
    Yes there should be some software to set to the phone to a different default page.
    Grace & Peace,

utey