1.    #1  
    I'm evaluating TreoSMS. I did the initial setup stuff - entered my mobile number and password, created a PDAApps proxy password, etc.

Now when I start the program, I go to that screen, and I can't seem to get beyond it. How to I get to a screen that allows me to create and send SMS messages?

Thanks,

Tracey
    Go into your SMS app. It's weird they way it's set up. The prc you install is not what you run to send messages. It's a vehicle to integrate sending with the SMS app. Sure confused me too!
    From PDAapps documentation:

Installation Issues
    To install Treo300SMS, you need to download and install the Treo300SMS application on your Treo. Then launch the application. Here you will need to enter the information that is needed to authenticate yourself to the Sprint PCS short mail system and to the PDAapps SMS proxy. Enter your mobile phone number and manage password, and whatever password you wish to use to authenticate your phone to the PDAapps SMS proxy, and hit the apply button. Note that this process will succeed only if the Sprint PCS manage site is accessible and you can login to it at this time. The most common problem during authentication is that the Sprint PCS manage site is down for maintainance. After you have been authenticated, you should enable the app. and follow through the soft reset. . After enabling wireless mode, you should launch the regular Handspring SMS app. You will now have the ability to send SMS messages.
  4.    #4  
    Aw, geez - apparently I missed that last sentence.
    Just curious . . . . . . whats the advantage of TreoSMS over the inbuilt default SMS app on my Treo 270? It seems to work fine as it is?
  6.    #6  
    Your SMS may be fine. The SMS built into the 300 will only receive - not send - messages.
    One great thing about Treo300SMS is that it will go retrieve your shortmail without having to go and click on a link.
    Just installed Treo300SMS and am wondering what goes in the line:PDAapps Proxy Password_____?
    Originally posted by BobT
    Just installed Treo300SMS and am wondering what goes in the line:PDAapps Proxy Password_____?
    whatever you want.

Geoffrey
    Originally posted by duckznutz
    Just curious . . . . . . whats the advantage of TreoSMS over the inbuilt default SMS app on my Treo 270? It seems to work fine as it is?
    For one thing, it won't work on your 270, so don't worry about it. Since the 300 doesn't have SMS, we have to use a 3rd-party app.

(Okay everyone, please don't start some SMS, one-way message service, shortmail rant.)

Geoffrey
    My Treo 300 crashed and I am attempting to get Treo300SMS back. It asks for the License number which of course has expired. It also will not except the Master License number that was provided when I purchased it. Is there some other way to enter the Master License number?
    similar problem here. If you find a solution..i would be grateful if you would be so kind to post it.. or i guess we will have to re purhase the software...whih blows!! lol
    My Treo 300 crashed and I am attempting to get Treo300SMS back. It asks for the License number which of course has expired. It also will not except the Master License number that was provided when I purchased it. Is there some other way to enter the Master License number?
    Shoot an e-mail to PDAapps. They are very responsive and I am sure would be glad to help you.
    tried pdaapps and was told that i was gonna "probably have to repurhase the software". I dont want to pay 40 buks for a 20 buck software that i purhased previously. But i guess if that is the only solution...what an i say. lol.
    Originally posted by Jay Electronica
    tried pdaapps and was told that i was gonna "probably have to repurhase the software". I dont want to pay 40 buks for a 20 buck software that i purhased previously. But i guess if that is the only solution...what an i say. lol.
    huh?

did they give you a reason on why theu couldn't give you another license?

this kind of stuff will make me think trwice about pdaapps..
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I had this situation occur a number of months ago and PDAApps provided me a new master lock or something. Are you sure it was clear to them that you had already purchased the software?

Geoffrey
    PDAapps is one of the better vendors out there from a product and support standpoint. I have always had an almost immediate helpful response to e-mails I have sent. I would tend to agree that they they didn't understand your situation. You should just be able to send them your receipt and everything should be fine.
    Originally posted by Jay Electronica
    Don't know who you wrote to, but it certainly was not to us. We do not like our customers to have to pay for something that they have already purchased. Please drop us an email at support@pdaapps.com and we will fix this issue right away.

PDAapps
    Just wanted everyone to know how very responsive PDAApps was. They are a great group. My treo3200sms is working perfectly. Thankyou