1.    #1  
    I finally decided to take the plunge and get on board with the Treo 300. I phoned up my local BestBuy (Chicago) to see if they had one in stock. The woman on the phone said they were sold out and that BestBuy stores would not be getting any more.

Does this mean that there's a newer Treo coming down the pipe soon?

I don't mean to imply that Sprint or Handspring have discontinued the Treo 300, and I know I can still get the Treo 300 from a number of places, but the fact that BestBuy will no longer carry it means something, doesn't it?
    Ad in WSJ today--full page--and finally a good one from Sprint featuring Treo 300 with a $100 discount to $399. Often a discount means new model on the way. Whatever, Treo 300 continues to rock. I would not delay.
    We all knew about the Treo 300 months in advance because it has to be released to the FCC first. Then Sprint or one of the other carriers has to certify the phone on their network, and that can take months. If the FCC published info on the phone tomorrow, it would mean that the soonest we would see a new phone would be at least three or four months down the road.

Phone discounts often just mean that the early-adopter rush is over, and now they are trying to keep momentum up. When I first bought my Samsung I300, I got it for $500. It wasn't long before the price went down to $400, then $350, and then $300. It was only months after that when Samsung released the I330. I moved over to the Treo because I got tired of waiting.
    If you can get your company to pay for it & the plan, we can save you up to $284.99. Otherwise we have basically the same $100 savings deal.

http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/produ..._id=18-004-002

Larry
    I've checked with my contact who is a liaison between SPCS and Handspring, and she states that there are no plans of a new SPCS Treo in the foreseeable future. In fact, she said that after the I500 and I700, she doesn't know of any other PDA devices being released by Sprint at least until October (her schedule doesn't extend farther than that). She mainly said that the feel is that there's becoming an oversaturation of PDA phones at this point. Interesting...
    Originally posted by needles
    after the I500 and I700, she doesn't know of any other PDA devices being released by Sprint at least until October (her schedule doesn't extend farther than that). She mainly said that the feel is that there's becoming an oversaturation of PDA phones at this point.
    Forgot to mention the Hitachi Pocket PC (and there are rumors in product development on a "Sprint-branded" Pocket PC...but no more Palm OS devices it seems after the I500 for a while...