1.    #1  
    I manage a couple servers and would like to know if there are any VPN apps that will allow me access to my system data, or for reboots

windows 2000 machines

thanks andrew
    It's Simple really..........
    ...............Forgive
    try mergic VPN at www.mergic.com

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
  3.    #3  
    I grabed there trial but have been unable to get it to work....might be setings but it does not give you a lot off settings to change.

thanks

andrew
    It's Simple really..........
    ...............Forgive
    This is something I've been wanting to get around to trying as well. Note that Mergic supports the PPTP protocol. If your company uses IPSEC, it won't work. There's a different VPN app (don't know the name, but if you do a search you should find it) that supports IPSEC.

Scott
    Originally posted by ittherapy
    I grabed there trial but have been unable to get it to work....might be setings but it does not give you a lot off settings to change.

You don't mention what carrier you're using but with T-Mobile, you have to subscribe to their VPN service rather than standard GPRS internet. The reason for this is that with standard, you get a private IP address (10.x.x.x) and you're forced through a NAT device somewhere in Tmo's network. The PPTP protocol will not work in a NAT environment, as the information the NAT device needs to maintain multiple conversations is buried within the encrypted portion of the packet. The VPN service gives you a public IP address.

I have some doubts about just how useful Palm / GPRS devices would be in administering Win2k boxes. You might consider a Pocket PC device, which supports pptp and Terminal Services out of the box.