View Poll Results: What do you think about the alarm on the Treo 300 for SMS

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Works Great

    2 15.38%
  • Works Good

    1 7.69%
  • Fair

    2 15.38%
  • Stinks

    8 61.54%
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    We now have many Treo 300's using the Sprint Business Connection and it works GREAT !!!

    My problem is that we are on call 24-7 and use SMS for are paging instead of carring a pager, blackberry and cell phone we now just use the Treo and its awsome but the SMS messaging has no Alarm ??

    when I am paged at night "SMS Message" there is now way I can wake up and answer that ? so I have to still carry my Sony T68i to be woken up at night ... is there any software out there that will add a alarm to the sms messaging on the Treo ? I don't understand that there is nothing out there for the feature ...
    Please help ...
    Thank You

    What does everyone else think about the paging feature with the Treo 300 ?
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by gibby

    when I am paged at night "SMS Message" there is now way I can wake up and answer that ? so I have to still carry my Sony T68i to be woken up at night ... is there any software out there that will add a alarm to the sms messaging on the Treo ? I don't understand that there is nothing out there for the feature ...
    Please help ...
    Thank You
    Check out TreoAlertMgr:

    http://pdaapps.com/TreoAlertMgr/default.html
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by millerhifi


    Check out TreoAlertMgr:

    http://pdaapps.com/TreoAlertMgr/default.html
    Exactly!
  4.    #4  
    I've tried that and it now makes one tiny beep every 10 seconds...
    I need something loud like a ring tone or something ...
    Thanks
  5. #5  
    I can't answer for how the 300 responds but with the 270 TreoAlertMgr is very effective!! I figured it should be similar for the 300.
    TreoAlertMgr uses the alarm in the general prefs menu and emits a triple reminder chirp (not sure how I would describe it) that I set to medium because high was to loud.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I can't answer for how the 300 responds but with the 270 TreoAlertMgr is very effective!! I figured it should be similar for the 300.
    TreoAlertMgr uses the alarm in the general prefs menu and emits a triple reminder chirp (not sure how I would describe it) that I set to medium because high was to loud.
    It is very loud on my Treo300. I can hear the phone go off when it is upstairs in my house and I am downstairs. Could be a problem with the gibby's unit?
  7. #7  
    Thanks for confirming that it works equally as well on the 300.
    I was sure it worked well on the 300 too!

    User error!
  8. #8  
    Remember that ringers are soft when the lid is opened.
  9.    #9  
    Yes, My Ringer works fine and I can hear the ringer from anywhere in my house. Its the SMS Messages on the Treo 300, It has no Settings for ringtones and the only seting it has is volume loud, med and lowl
    With the alarm software I can set the alarm on the Treo 300 to go off every 10 seconds but that is all I get, It does not let me use ringtone on sms or does it let me make it any louder..

    My understanding is that the other Treo Models don't have this problem, even Sprints Handspring rep said this has been big issue with the 300 model, So I'm pritty sure its not user error...
    Thanks
  10. #10  
    I have TreoAlertManager on my Treo300 set to go off every five minutes with the Audible Alert box checked. My alarm setting is set to loud and it goes off every five minutes untill I turn it off. I can hear it at the opposite end of my house. It is plenty loud. If your Treo300 works differently, you have a defective device.
    Last edited by Maniac8888; 03/12/2003 at 10:20 PM.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by Maniac8888
    I have TreoAlertManager on my Treo300 set to go off every five minutes with the Audible Alert box checked. My alarm setting is set to loud and it goes off every five minutes untill I turn it off. I can hear it at the opposite end of my house. It is plenty loud. If your Treo300 works differently, you have a defective device.
    Maniac,
    Per Gibby's email, I posted this as a problem for me as well a few weeks ago - same reasons as Gibby. I tried a few hack apps to change the alarm tone, and now I only get the default SMS alert when set to low or med, zero sound when set to high (now need to figure out how to reinstall SMS huh), however you're saying that if the alarm is set to high, you hear it clearly, and it repeats per use of TreoAlertManager. Guess I'll keep trying, but still the best solution would be to allow us to set whatever ringtone we want for the SMS alert - then I have a truly useful messenger - that will wake me from a dead sleep in the middle of the night.
    Thx - Steve
  12. #12  
    the treo alert works great on my 300. In fact if I don't put it on silent at night, a yahoo alert wakes me up at 4 am.

Posting Permissions