1.    #1  
    Looks like I have to do a hard reset on my Treo 300 to (perhaps) correct a memory error, but before I do so, will the hard reset mess up my Sprint PCS provisioning?

Today I started getting our old friend, the "Fatal Alert MemoryMgr.c, Line:4359 Free handle" error, when I tried to access Eudora. When I do, I have to use the reset button on the back to soft-reset. So, I should just delete and reinstall Eudora and its database(s), right? Right, except that all the utilities off the "Apps" menu (Delete, Beam, Category and Info...") now also create the "4359 Free handle" error, except that I can do a soft reset by tapping "Reset" on the error message. Ditto for the third-party Z'Catalog memory utility I have installed. So, since I have no apparent way to delete Eudora only, a hard reset seems my only option. Which is why I'm asking if, after a hard reset and reinstallation from my last synch, I'll still be able to use the Sprint phone and Vision services.
    Nope.
    Originally posted by dwphillips
    . . . Which is why I'm asking if, after a hard reset and reinstallation from my last synch, I'll still be able to use the Sprint phone and Vision services.
    Your opening question calls for a NO, but your closing question calls for a YES.

So . . .
    Just to clarify, the answer to the question in your last sentence is YES - you will still be able to use the Sprint phone and Vision services.

I've been through this several times - no problem retaining the phone service and provisioning etc. on a hard re-set. Only affects the Palm side.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Originally posted by dwphillips
    . . . Which is why I'm asking if, after a hard reset and reinstallation from my last synch, I'll still be able to use the Sprint phone and Vision services.
    Your opening questioning calls for a NO, but your closing question calls for a YES.

So . . .
    Just to clarify, the answer to the question in your last sentence is YES - you will still be able to use the Sprint phone and Vision services.

I've been through this several times - no problem retaining the phone service and provisioning etc. on a hard re-set. Only affects the Palm side.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I cannot longer see a 2nd incoming call, after a hard reset a week ago
    Believe it or not, if provisioning is called for, all will be fine. PROVIDED you allow the network to set the time and date. You can do this via prefs in the system menu. Seems weird, but unless you select this option, the phone will not necessarily repovision.