1.    #1  
    My two Verizon Pre2 phones rarely ring. When they do, they ring twice. Not enough time to take my phone out of my backpack.

Missed calls notification ceased making a ringtone.

Is there supposed to be a sound for voicemail notifications? If so, how to make the duration longer?

I could not find an app in the HP App Catalogue that will notify by email, sound or light a voicemail or a missed call. Can anyone recommend an app?

In the alternative, is there an app that will keep the screen on longer so I can see the written notifications?
    I believe ring duration is set by the carrier. Other wise go to screen and lock to check your notification settings, also preferences in the phone app to check sound settings.

I use youmail (youmail.com) for all my voice call needs. It can send you email or text when you have missed calls or voicemail. Bookmark youmail to launcher and that's you app.
    Last edited by laingman; 04/03/2014 at 09:21 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Laingman, thank you for recommending youmail! Wonderful to find current apps that function with Pre2. I signed up and tested youmail out. Works perfectly.

I considered a Business Edition plan to be entitled to SMS alerts. But since I have an email account at safe-mail.net, safe-mail offers an option to send notifications of received emails via SMS. I set up safe-mail to send a SMS notification when it receives emails from youmail.

I was going to cease using safe-mail after testing its privacy with https://emailprivacytester.com/. The test results indicate 19 methods my emails are hacked:

video ogg, SVG attachment with CSS, iframe meta refresh, video webm, iframe img, view-source URI, iframe tag, object tag-flash, object tag-data, CSS content, CSS-background-image, audio tag, video MP4, video tag, image submit button, CSS import, video poster, image tag and SVG inline with remote image. The test results indicate 19 methods my emails are hacked:

video ogg, SVG attachment with CSS, iframe meta refresh, video webm, iframe img, view-source URI, iframe tag, object tag-flash, object tag-data, CSS content, CSS-background-image, audio tag, video MP4, video tag, image submit button, CSS import, video poster, image tag and SVG inline with remote image.

Therefore, I don't recommend safe-mail but I will use it solely to forward youmail emails as SMS messages.
  4.    #4  
    Youmail has excellent documentation, FAQs and howtos.

Setting up SMS notification in safe-mail.net prevents emails frm being polled to pre2 POP email client. Since I dont have a data plan on page plus cellular's $80 a year plan, SMS is more important than POP emails. I will use wifi to use web browser to read inbox.