1.    #1  
    SPCS has rolled out new versions of the BC desktop and Treo apps. You can access them for download either through bc.sprintpcs.com or when the desktop app prompts you.

From what I can see, the new releases are probably stability/performance fixes rather than new functionality.
    Looks like just about the same to me...

Except for the new Application Setting on the Palm software which lets you choose to adjust for Daylight Savings time and your time zone.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Wouldn't it be great if they posted the change log with each release ? Or even provided a feedback mechanism for their users to report problems and enhancement requests ? This is still the best thing going for "corporate" users, but they need to be more responsive if they want to keep me. Soon as BaseJet comes out with a version that has SMS triggered pull that works on the Treo 300, I'm gone...
    I can't beleave that they can not say what they have changed or fixed ? what if I don't want to change anything ... This kind of stinks for the helpdesk when you get 40 new calls on what is this and what should I do ? .... they need to communicate...
    Originally posted by KKenna
    Wouldn't it be great if they posted the change log with each release ? Or even provided a feedback mechanism for their users to report problems and enhancement requests ? This is still the best thing going for "corporate" users, but they need to be more responsive if they want to keep me. Soon as BaseJet comes out with a version that has SMS triggered pull that works on the Treo 300, I'm gone...
    Hmm, this Basejet looks pretty cool. Any comments on it?

I use Lotus Notes with Biz connect. however it relies on me being logged in to my account 24/7. Well, I get automatically logged out of the network after 24 hours of inactivity so that doesn't help me when travelling. i currently use wireless mail agent but it's not really synced as it's just a glorified forwarding agent. But I don't have to be logged in to the network to get email. Does Basejet require you to stay logged in?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Yes, BaseJet requires you to run an app on a system connected to your office server just like BC...
    It fixed many of the errors people were getting. Not much improvement in new functions, though. I didn't see many of the errors myself but there were some problems with it syncing when one of the e-mails had some glitch, it would stop the sync at that error, now it should continue with the rest of the sync. There were many other improvements but again, most just had to do with error codes people were getting.
    One huge fix is that the latest PC/Palm pairing work again w/ Lotus Notes 6 clients. The last release would lock the Notes client so hard that killing all of its associated tasks wasn't enough to get the client restarted. It usually requried either a reboot or (in the case on Win2K / XP) logging off the workstation and logging back on.

I can only tell you how much easier it is to navigate thru the Palm client than accessing BizConn w/ Blazer.
    Gregg Ginsberg, P-CLP
    http://www.ginsberg.org