Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I am tinkering with the Fax demo from Mark/Space and find it really neat!

    However, I find that when I try to access a recipient address with "Lookup" it takes forever before the screen and app leave a frozen state, presumably because the app is trying to access my contacts database of over 2200 contacts. (Although TCRinger and other apps seem to access the contacts file almost instantaneously.)

    Assuming this delay cannot be eliminated in Fax, I am wondering whether the program has a way for me to simply store my most frequently faxed contacts, by name and fax#, right within the program, similarly to the way fax programs on computers work, and akin to the memory buttons on a standalone fax machine. Actually, I would prefer that method over accessing the whole contacts file anyway. Sort of a Favorites list or pulldown.

    I selected this general title for the thread because it is possible that other questions or suggestions may pop up from myself or others about this neat little program, and this thread could be a place to generally discuss, figure out, evaluate and make suggestions for the program.

    Regards,

    NateS
    Last edited by NateS; 03/09/2003 at 06:58 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Originally posted by NateS
    I am tinkering with the Fax demo from Mark/Space and find it really neat!

    However, I find that when I try to access a recipient address with "Lookup" it takes forever before the screen and app leave a frozen state, presumably because the app is trying to access my contacts database of over 2200 contacts. (Although TCRinger and other apps seem to access the contacts file almost instantaneously.)

    Assuming this delay cannot be eliminated in Fax, I am wondering whether the program has a way for me to simply store my most frequently faxed contacts, by name and fax#, right within the program, similarly to the way fax programs on computers work, and akin to the memory buttons on a standalone fax machine. Actually, I would prefer that method over accessing the whole contacts file anyway. Sort of a Favorites list or pulldown.

    I selected this general title for the thread because it is possible that other questions or suggestions may pop up from myself or others about this neat little program, and this thread could be a place to generally discuss, figure out, evaluate and make suggestions for the program.

    Regards,

    NateS
    Surely I can't be the only one intrigued by this concept of faxing from the Treo!

    Where are the responses???

    Regards,

    NateS
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by NateS


    Surely I can't be the only one intrigued by this concept of faxing from the Treo!

    Where are the responses???

    Regards,

    NateS
    At $0.39 per minute, you might be :-). A new beta of M/S Fax will be available soon. It probably won't address the speed issue and it definitely won't have a "favorites". However, if you send an email to feedback@markspace.com with these requests, we'll see what we can do in the future.
  4. #4  
    Nate,

    have you tried using InStep Fax or P7 Fax? I believe InStep integrates the address book which might be what your'e looking for... Also P7 is a FREE pqa which I haven't tried but looks interesting FYI...
  5. #5  
    I use my laptop and WirelessModem to send fax.
  6. #6  
    I've been using J2.COM's fax service for several years. It can fax out the text of any e-mail, and also fax out formatted documents such as Word, PDF, TIF, Excel, etc. You simply mail to faxnumber@jfaxsend.com.

    Only problem is that incoming faxes arrive as multi-page TIF files and there is currently no reader on the Palm to view those files. If you're close to a fax machine you can fax it back out to that number (no degradation) but it's embarassing if the crucial fax you were waiting for turns out to be an ad for a florida timeshare, after convincing the restaurant to let you use their fax machine to receive it.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Nate,

    have you tried using InStep Fax or P7 Fax? I believe InStep integrates the address book which might be what your'e looking for... Also P7 is a FREE pqa which I haven't tried but looks interesting FYI...
    Thanks for the tips!

    I'll take a look at these too.

    I wonder whether they also incur sprintPCS charges?

    Regards,

    Nates
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by NateS


    Thanks for the tips!

    I'll take a look at these too.

    I wonder whether they also incur sprintPCS charges?

    Regards,

    Nates
    Absolutely. Dialing any data number other than #777 is going to hit you with $0.39 per minute. Too bad you can't combine WirelessWeb with Vision and use voice minute for data and have Vision. Oh well.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by NateS


    Thanks for the tips!

    I'll take a look at these too.

    I wonder whether they also incur sprintPCS charges?

    Regards,

    Nates
    Nate,

    FYI I messed around with P-Fax and be FOREWARNED! I hate when companies "forget" to tell you some of the pertinent details. Like...Membership for P-Fax requires you to establish an account with Rovenet.com. The following page contains a secure sign up page . Upon completing that page your credit card will be charged $15.00 as a deposit for faxing.Each fax that you send will debit $.0.75 from your account IN ADDITION to Sprint's $0.40 data charge. When your balance reaches $ 1.50 (18 faxes) your credit card will be recharged another $15.00.The product may be great, but I'm too annoyed to find out.

Posting Permissions