Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    Something is amiss w/ my 300. Today, out of the blue it suddenly won't shut the screen off. No matter what app I'm in it never shuts off, irregardless of whether I open or close the lid. I've turned wireless off and on a dozen times. Similarily, I've reset it a couple of times. But it's still sitting next to me glowing away. Anyone seen this before?

    Dunc
  2. #2  
    My Treo 300 has done this a few times. Last night as a matter of fact. I do not know what sets this off, but it seems to happen in clusters. I simply do a soft reset and it takes care of it. I would appreciate any more information on this from anybody.

    Thanks,
    Russell
  3.    #3  
    Mine has only done it that one time - but it stayed on for two days straight! Can you believe that battery life!? Ha! Actually I had to have it plugged in most of the time as it was chowing down on my battery being on all the time. I tried multiple soft resets and toggling everything on and off (including wireless). But nothing would make it turn off. I was getting ready to 'accidently' leave it in my driveway when I pulled in, so that I could call for a replacement when it suddenly turned off late in the second day. No idea what happened. Fortunately, it hasn't occured since. Quite honestly, I was pretty surprised that nobody else responded with similar circumstances. I find it hard to believe that we're the only two people who have had this occur.


    Dunc
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by Dunc
    Mine has only done it that one time - but it stayed on for two days straight! Can you believe that battery life!? Ha! Actually I had to have it plugged in most of the time as it was chowing down on my battery being on all the time. I tried multiple soft resets and toggling everything on and off (including wireless). But nothing would make it turn off. I was getting ready to 'accidently' leave it in my driveway when I pulled in, so that I could call for a replacement when it suddenly turned off late in the second day. No idea what happened. Fortunately, it hasn't occured since. Quite honestly, I was pretty surprised that nobody else responded with similar circumstances. I find it hard to believe that we're the only two people who have had this occur.


    Dunc
    Do you have KB tracker? This happened to me and I traced it to KB tracker. It happens after KB tracker expires and in my case, I had set the software to warn me when I exceeded the limit. After I "solved" the KB tracker expiry problem, my Treo was ok.
  5.    #5  
    I did have KB Tracker and it did expire. Just deleted it the other day, perhaps it was the root of all evil. Thanks for the tip.

    Dunc
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by Dunc
    Something is amiss w/ my 300. Today, out of the blue it suddenly won't shut the screen off. No matter what app I'm in it never shuts off, irregardless of whether I open or close the lid. I've turned wireless off and on a dozen times. Similarily, I've reset it a couple of times. But it's still sitting next to me glowing away. Anyone seen this before?

    Dunc

    know what you mean .. it happened to me today .. just noticed a red light blinking all day ... thought it was off .. got a low battery warning .. now a very low battery .. and all my "entered" data is GONE??

    No phone book ..

    No picture album ..

    Nada .. zip ..

    I tried hotsync .. got some errors ...

    Now I'm trying to re-charge the phone .. then will re-hotsync to see if it helps ... ugh!!
  7. #7  
    i have had the blinking red light and had to reset my phone a couple of times... seemed to happen when i was in a building where it had trouble getting a signal. would look down at the treo, notice the red light, and go to turn it off figuring might as well save the battery.

    a soft reset did it those times, thankfully no data lost. but also have had a couple of hard resets but no problem restoring (whew!)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by aarons12
    i have had the blinking red light and had to reset my phone a couple of times... seemed to happen when i was in a building where it had trouble getting a signal. would look down at the treo, notice the red light, and go to turn it off figuring might as well save the battery.

    a soft reset did it those times, thankfully no data lost. but also have had a couple of hard resets but no problem restoring (whew!)
    After letting the Treo charge up a bit .. 'bout 30 mins .. did another Hot Sync .. this time it worked .. at least mostly. Looks like I only lost maybe a days worth of data ..

    memo entries not carried over .. but all my phone book came back, photo albums .. WHEW!

Posting Permissions