1.    #1  
    Something is amiss w/ my 300. Today, out of the blue it suddenly won't shut the screen off. No matter what app I'm in it never shuts off, irregardless of whether I open or close the lid. I've turned wireless off and on a dozen times. Similarily, I've reset it a couple of times. But it's still sitting next to me glowing away. Anyone seen this before?

Dunc
    My Treo 300 has done this a few times. Last night as a matter of fact. I do not know what sets this off, but it seems to happen in clusters. I simply do a soft reset and it takes care of it. I would appreciate any more information on this from anybody.

Thanks,
    Russell
  3.    #3  
    Mine has only done it that one time - but it stayed on for two days straight! Can you believe that battery life!? Ha! Actually I had to have it plugged in most of the time as it was chowing down on my battery being on all the time. I tried multiple soft resets and toggling everything on and off (including wireless). But nothing would make it turn off. I was getting ready to 'accidently' leave it in my driveway when I pulled in, so that I could call for a replacement when it suddenly turned off late in the second day. No idea what happened. Fortunately, it hasn't occured since. Quite honestly, I was pretty surprised that nobody else responded with similar circumstances. I find it hard to believe that we're the only two people who have had this occur.

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc
    Mine has only done it that one time - but it stayed on for two days straight! Can you believe that battery life!? Ha! Actually I had to have it plugged in most of the time as it was chowing down on my battery being on all the time. I tried multiple soft resets and toggling everything on and off (including wireless). But nothing would make it turn off. I was getting ready to 'accidently' leave it in my driveway when I pulled in, so that I could call for a replacement when it suddenly turned off late in the second day. No idea what happened. Fortunately, it hasn't occured since. Quite honestly, I was pretty surprised that nobody else responded with similar circumstances. I find it hard to believe that we're the only two people who have had this occur.

Dunc
    Do you have KB tracker? This happened to me and I traced it to KB tracker. It happens after KB tracker expires and in my case, I had set the software to warn me when I exceeded the limit. After I "solved" the KB tracker expiry problem, my Treo was ok.
  5.    #5  
    I did have KB Tracker and it did expire. Just deleted it the other day, perhaps it was the root of all evil. Thanks for the tip.

Dunc
    Originally posted by Dunc
    Something is amiss w/ my 300. Today, out of the blue it suddenly won't shut the screen off. No matter what app I'm in it never shuts off, irregardless of whether I open or close the lid. I've turned wireless off and on a dozen times. Similarily, I've reset it a couple of times. But it's still sitting next to me glowing away. Anyone seen this before?

Dunc

know what you mean .. it happened to me today .. just noticed a red light blinking all day ... thought it was off .. got a low battery warning .. now a very low battery .. and all my "entered" data is GONE??

No phone book ..

No picture album ..

Nada .. zip ..

I tried hotsync .. got some errors ...

Now I'm trying to re-charge the phone .. then will re-hotsync to see if it helps ... ugh!!
    i have had the blinking red light and had to reset my phone a couple of times... seemed to happen when i was in a building where it had trouble getting a signal. would look down at the treo, notice the red light, and go to turn it off figuring might as well save the battery.

a soft reset did it those times, thankfully no data lost. but also have had a couple of hard resets but no problem restoring (whew!)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12
    i have had the blinking red light and had to reset my phone a couple of times... seemed to happen when i was in a building where it had trouble getting a signal. would look down at the treo, notice the red light, and go to turn it off figuring might as well save the battery.

a soft reset did it those times, thankfully no data lost. but also have had a couple of hard resets but no problem restoring (whew!)
    After letting the Treo charge up a bit .. 'bout 30 mins .. did another Hot Sync .. this time it worked .. at least mostly. Looks like I only lost maybe a days worth of data ..

memo entries not carried over .. but all my phone book came back, photo albums .. WHEW!