1.    #1  
    Hello!

I do not know a lot about my Handspring Treo 300. I bought it yesterday. I tried to sync it on Mac OS X and the screen now is blue.

What do I do when I have a blue screen? I have turned on and off the Treo and the blue screen is still there.

I am going to let it charge up and hope it works later. Do you know why a blue screen would appear and how I can remove it?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Yet another meaning for that venerable phrase 'Blue Screen of Death'....

Sorry, couldn't resist. My guess is that if charging it up doesn't help you may need to do a hard reset to get it back to normal - shouldn't be too bad, since it sounds like your unit is new and wouldn't have much data on it to lose....

Just a guess....

Rotello
    Originally posted by Moore1883
    What do I do when I have a blue screen? I have turned on and off the Treo and the blue screen is still there.
    Have you by any chance dropped the Treo? Unfortunately, mine once took a fall to a concrete sidewalk, and the screen was about 3/4 blue. Good news was the screen wasn't cracked physically, so it was covered under warranty.

Good luck!
  4.    #4  
    What does a blue screen mean? It is broken? I have tried the reset stuff.
    What does a blue screen mean? It is broken? I have tried the reset stuff.
    Probably broken. Again, did you drop it? Admittedly, that's how mine ended up that way...
  6.    #6  
    I did not drop it. I was pluging it up to my computer and it locked up. Afterwards, it stayed the color blue.

I can see hear beeps and I know that everything is working basically, just the screen is blue.
  7.    #7  
    *chuckles* It is getting too late. I did not drop it. I have been treating my toy with a lot of respect and kindness.
    *chuckles* It is getting too late. I did not drop it. I have been treating my toy with a lot of respect and kindness.
    I don't doubt that -- I am very careful with mine as well. Unfortunately, accidents do happen...

If yours has not had any "trauma", I would suggest it is defective. Handspring replaced my 270 free of charge claiming it was a manufacturer's defect, even though I was honest and told them that a drop to a sidewalk caused it. They said as long as the screen was not physically cracked, it was considered a defect.

Again, good luck getting it fixed.
    I had the same problem after dropping mine. I thought it was broken and thought I might as well take it apart. When I unplugged the battery wire and plugged it back in it starterd working again. I wouldn't take it apart but see if completely draining your battery solves your problem.
    Once inexpliably my screen went blue with only normal use involved. Fortunately a hard reset was all that was needed. That incident was my first and only hard reset, everything has been working fine since. My suggestion is to try a hard reset (hold the power button down while resetting the Treo).