Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I promised myself that I would not buy too many accessories for my Treo as I had thought that I'd be trading it on a Kyo 7135 by this point. However, as you know, the 7135 has not yet materialized, thus, I've decided to purchase a couple of more items and I can highly recommend them both. The first is the AA battery battery charger. This is a very slick invention. I can now travel without having to worry about AC power. Perfect!

Also, I just got the Stylus Central ("SC") 2 in 1 stylus. It's not quite as nice feeling in my hand as the original, but it's pretty cool to now always have a pen w/ me. Plus, SC engraved it for free!
    i have both of the above and agree they are cool. one thing i would add is i picked up 2 usb sync-charge cables (about $7 plus shipping each on ebay) , one for home and one for the office. now i can sync in both places and top off my charge...

actually, my coolest 'accessory' cost nothing and is really closer to software, but it's what has made my treo indispensible... i use yahoo's web based calendar, which syncs with the treo, so i have my schedule and address book info wherever i go and can sync everywhere i have web!
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I've had great luck using the Documents to Go applications. I get mail off my cable modem system comcast.net with Inbox to Go via my Desktop computer and MS Outlook, I have PowerPoint presentations that I can show with the Treo on Slides to Go, several pictures and spreadsheets that I use for work.

I recommend the Documents to Go suite of applications.

Ron Vermillion
    Originally posted by msgott
    Also, I just got the Stylus Central ("SC") 2 in 1 stylus. It's not quite as nice feeling in my hand as the original, but it's pretty cool to now always have a pen w/ me. Plus, SC engraved it for free!
    I got mine last week. But I'd give it maybe a 3 out of 5. In fact today I've gone back to the original because the 2 in 1 bugged me so much.

It's noticably thinner and lighter than the original, but the real problem is the endcap is not shaped for the Treo. It's generic-shaped, sticks out and has sharp edges. So it rattles around in there and is a definite PITA.

I feel misled by the review on here.
    Yup. I bought it too and have had the same experience. It is thinner and doesn't fit that great and the end is blocky and generic. Also there is no reset pin in it. If this was designed for the treo, then the designer was blind.

Anyway besides that, I actually am using it. I really like having a pen on me and the clear tip is just cool looking.

My girlfriend however does not think it's so cool. Oh well, can't please em all.

Jeff
    Mine has a reset pin in the clear point end. Unscrew it.
    Originally posted by potatoho
    Mine has a reset pin in the clear point end. Unscrew it.
    potatoho,

Are you talking about your 2-in-1 stylus, or the standard stylus that came with your Treo? I think the others are referring to their 2-in-1 stylus/pen that they bought from StylusCentral.
    Yes the 2 in 1 from Stylus Central. Mine has a reset pin if you unscrew the clear point end.
    well Im a moron again. I didn't even think I could unscrew the top. Jeez, without you guys I probably would have accidentally lodged this thing up my nose by now. Thanks again for the tip.

Jeff
    i agree that the 2 in one is a tad on the thin side. i solved that with a small piece of electrical tape wound around the barrel about 2 layers thick. that makes it nice and snug.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.