1.    #1  
    Yesterday I could not get the Treo 300 to connect to data services. Phone worked fine but could not get email or web browse. Did soft resets and then eventually a hard reset. Still didn't work. Then worked with a level-2 tech at Sprint for 45 minutes resetting everything, still didn't work. Tech said take it to the sprint store, something is wrong with the unit. I restored all the data on the unit so the organizer would work in the meantime. For fun, this morning I tried to get data and now it seems to be working.

Do you think I have a flakey unit, have others had these sorts of symptoms, is it the network? I am in Denver.

Thanks in advance for any thought on this.
    I am in Miami, and also had a ton of trouble connecting yesterday. As you said, voice was fine, but the vision could take a dozen attempts or so before it finally connected.

I just powered up the treo for the first time today and it connected right away.

-rob
    treo270 asian upgrade

Have the same thing hapen sometimes I let it alone for a couple of hours then it was back. I think it's the network.

My advice.........patience, seeing that I'm with cingular that's kind of funny.

Mike
    I've had the same problem here in the NYC area now and then. It tends to last a day or two and then goes back to normal. I am generally able to connect to the data network, but it can take many tries, and I often lose the connection after a minute or two.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I believe that Sprint is finally addressing the problems with their data network (Where you're dropped, but your Treo doesn't know it). It'd be nice if they'd figure out a solution and implement it, rather than "play" with the production system, but at least their trying...

As a direct answer, I have also had tremendous problems with data connections.
    In Chicago, I've never had a problem with data at all... until this week. Same thing as everyone else; it just doesn't wanna connect. Of course I had a Sprint phone before so I was expecting problems like this, but that doesn't make it acceptable. I plan on calling and *****ing even though I'm not really THAT upset... Sprint is famous for throwing free stuff at you to shut you up. The louder you ***** the more you get, for whatever that's worth. I've gotten several free months from them.
    Joe