1.    #1  
    I have Eudora installed on my Treo. It works fine for two of my POP accounts, but on the third email account - also POP - it keeps skipping messages intermittantly.

I do not have any filters on and it's set to downlaod all messages.

Any ideas?

-Darkelf
    Originally posted by darkelf
    I have Eudora installed on my Treo. It works fine for two of my POP accounts, but on the third email account - also POP - it keeps skipping messages intermittantly.

I do not have any filters on and it's set to downlaod all messages.

Any ideas?

-Darkelf
    I seem to have the same problem.
    Originally posted by copernicus

I seem to have the same problem.
    Well I solved this mystery and it may happen to others, so I'm posting what happened here. It's basic stuff, not the domain of the power user.

For the SprintPCS account, in the Account Information section of Eudora I had the following:

1. Return Address (optional):
    <this was blank>

2. Username:
    <username>

3. Incoming Server (POP):
    pop.sprintpcs.com

4. Outgoing Server (SMTP):
    smtp.sprintpcs.com

The problem I found was that according to Eudora "if your return address is not entered it will be constructed from your user name and incoming server." Initially I had entered a hotmail account in 1. Return Address (optional): but found, for some reason, that it was being filtered out as junk mail to two of my contacts. I deleted the hotmail return address and expected Eudora to construct my return address automatically. What, in fact, it did was to send my return address off as username@POP.sprintpcs.com. When people replied to this account the messages were lost. The solution was simply to enter username@sprintpcs.com under 1. Return Address (optional):

Though it seems obvious, given the right circumstances, it's pretty easy to fall into this situation.