1.    #1  
    I had a cracked screen on my Treo 650. I purchased a replacement screen from Hong Kong, and installed, It lit up but the touch part of panel did not work. I assumed I had gotten a bad screen, so I pulled it out and replaced my cracked one in its place. It works still. However I just read a thread in the pre 3 section noting a command necessary to get the touch screen to function on pre3 after a screen replacement. Is there a corresponding command that should be used on a Treo 650 to accomplish the same thing? And if there is how would one go about entering this into a Treo. Note I am not a programmer, just a hunt and peck amateur that requires detailed instructions. Or do I just have a bad screen and should order another from a different vendor?
    My hunch is either a bad touchscreen or a nonexistent one
    Don't know if it will be easily done, but the touchscreen (aka digitizer) and the actual display that displays things are two separable components. Perhaps you could swap them?

I doubt it has any command line anything - havent really encountered anything like that in my Palm OS days
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    I had a cracked screen on my Treo 650. I purchased a replacement screen from Hong Kong, and installed, It lit up but the touch part of panel did not work. I assumed I had gotten a bad screen, so I pulled it out and replaced my cracked one in its place. It works still. However I just read a thread in the pre 3 section noting a command necessary to get the touch screen to function on pre3 after a screen replacement. Is there a corresponding command that should be used on a Treo 650 to accomplish the same thing? And if there is how would one go about entering this into a Treo. Note I am not a programmer, just a hunt and peck amateur that requires detailed instructions. Or do I just have a bad screen and should order another from a different vendor?
    I've swapped screens on Treos before (650 & 700p), never had to do any programming, do the two screen assemblies look the same? If they do (no missing digitizer), I'd say it's a bad one.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I've swapped screens on Treos before (650 & 700p), never had to do any programming, do the two screen assemblies look the same? If they do (no missing digitizer), I'd say it's a bad one.
    Screens appear to be the same with the same microcircuit on the rear with same connections. Must just be a bad screen. It was a bargain so I will try another vendor next time.