Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by FIXER
    i have used it on a powerbook G4 and it was ok i like WM for all the options thats what makes it so good, and PN has errors and is ok and the only reason i would use it is for the usb on windows.
    That's reasonable. I'm working on some tweaks now that should provide a little speed up. In addition, I'm adding some user interface elements to show current speed and maybe some other tweaks.
    Originally posted by Eddie Hui
    For PalmNet1.0 users:

Trouble Shooting (fixes coming soon! stay tuned)
    If you got: Error: Serial: port in use (0x0307) on PalmNet/PDA
    Try: In the app launcher of your PDA, tab Prefs->Network, bring up the menu (tab on to title bar), tab Options/Preferences, see if "Connect to the date network whenever wireless mode is powered on." is checked. UNCHECK it if it is checked and try to launch PalmNet (on the PDA) again.
    Yes, that worked and I just bought it. Am I the first registration?
    David
    Pretty good software but it seems to need a little work. First of all, it takes me about 3 tries before it finally connects. Also after about a couple of minutes of inactivity, it will drop the connection. Maybe I missed something during the setup or a configuration problem. If someone knows the cause and remedy of this, could you please pass it alone.
    Originally posted by Predator-1
    Pretty good software but it seems to need a little work. First of all, it takes me about 3 tries before it finally connects. Also after about a couple of minutes of inactivity, it will drop the connection. Maybe I missed something during the setup or a configuration problem. If someone knows the cause and remedy of this, could you please pass it alone.
    Or maybe it's Sprint Vision that needs a little work. Frequently, when I try to access internet data on the Treo, it will attempt to logon, and appear to hang at the connection box. Then I cancel that out, retry, and it logs on right away. Also, when Blazer is trying to access a page, frequently the arrows will be green but nothing is happening. Eventually it will time out, so usually, if it doesn't come up quickly, I will just exit Blazer, try it again, and it works fine on the retry.

I have PalmNet set via Buttons-T to load when I press in the jog dial so I can keep the lid closed the whole time. Just did it, bubblet comes up in the tray saying palmnet connection is active, dialing box on the desktop comes up saying it's dialing, then after authentication another bubblet comes up in the tray indicating the network connection is active. That's what I like, one button press. No messing with modem init string &D1&C2E0M1 gobbly goop. I'll let the connection time out to see how many taps it takes to re-logon.
    David
    Originally posted by drw
    I'll let the connection time out to see how many taps it takes to re-logon.
    Session lasted about 46 minutes. Was watching NASA-TV for awhile via 100kbps stream. When it timed out the arrows on the Treo were green, but no data transferring on the desktop. This is a Sprint problem and it happens in Blazer too. Only thing I would suggest to the PalmNet author would be to automatically reconnect after it recognizes the disconnection. To reconnect I tried to keep the lid closed by pressing the jog dial in to restart PalmNet on the Treo. It attempted to log on, but gave an error asking the user to check that the cables were plugged in. I opened the lid, pressed 'ok', closed the lid, pressed the jogdial in and it successfully reconnected. Pretty nifty solution given the Sprint inadequacies. Perhaps running some low bandwidth 'stay alive' app would alleviate the inactivity timeouts.
    David
    Originally posted by drw
    To reconnect I tried to keep the lid closed by pressing the jog dial in to restart PalmNet on the Treo. It attempted to log on, but gave an error asking the user to check that the cables were plugged in. I opened the lid, pressed 'ok', closed the lid, pressed the jogdial in and it successfully reconnected.
    Duh! This time when the internet died, I just hit my datebook button. PalmNet exited cleanly. Waited for the bubblet to go away on the desktop, then pressed in the jog dial and it reconnected fine so I can reconnect from a connection drop keeping the lid closed.
    David
  7.    #47  
    I'd suggest we post the PalmNet related issues to the PalmNet thread someone started earlier.
    Originally posted by Fixup
    I'd suggest we post the PalmNet related issues to the PalmNet thread someone started earlier.
    Good idea. I'll move over to the "Palm Net 1.0 (Wireless Modem software for XP)" thread.
    David
    Originally posted by drw
    Perhaps running some low bandwidth 'stay alive' app would alleviate the inactivity timeouts.
    Any suggestions?...
    PalmNet 1.1 released today. It fixes some serious problem and is a <b>Much more stable and improved</b> version than the 1.0 version and for user who has not be able to use PalmNet (due to crashes or blue screen) this new version should work for you.

Checkout http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet
    PdaNet(PalmNet) Support
    Let your PC go online using Treo
    <a href="http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet">http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet</a>
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123