Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A new version of VeriChat is available from our website (http://www.pdaapps.com/)

This version has many new features and enhancements including ICQ support, graphical emoticons and more. For the complete changelog, please go to:

http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/changelog1_5b.html

As before, this will be a free upgrade for all registered users.

Enjoy!

-PDAapps Team
    Wow! This is an awesome upgrade. Let me add something to the wish list for next version .. I'd like my chat history (i.e. sessions) to survive a soft reset. People seem to write me important stuff in an IM (why why why) and I'm always doing soft resets during development.
    No reason at all now to ever use the PC for IM. Custom status, simple way to use emoticons - all things I've been wanting, and now have!!. Can't say enough about the good stuff being put out there by PDAApps.
    An Awsome update to an already outstanding product....worth every peso spent!

Steve
    HoofheartedinPR???

I DID
    Originally posted by hoofheartedinpr
    An Awsome update to an already outstanding product....worth every peso spent!

Steve
    Wow, you paid in peso?... How much is one peso worth nowadays (per penny)?
    m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Originally posted by m00se

Wow, you paid in peso?... How much is one peso worth nowadays (per penny)?
    m00se
    A Mexican peso is worth almost 9 pennies.
    All the new features are pretty rad, except when I set my AIM status to "away", then I leave Verichat and go back to it, the status goes back to "available". This happens everytime. I never had this problem with previous versions. Anyone else have this "bug"?
    I alerted PDAApps to this bug today. They're going to fix it.

Geoffrey
    I noticed that Verichat caused a crash when selecting a custom status message with the jog wheel. This could be Okey, as it does this crash in SMS too on my 270
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    1 peso = 4/5's of 1-10oz Coors Lite, Here in Puerto Rico,USA!!!
    HoofheartedinPR???

I DID
    Hoy hoy,
    I love Verichat; so much so that I registered for life. My only concern is will this registration cover all future software version?

Thanks,
    CmdrGuard
    Ok, so don't go to the actual website and find out, you'd think you at least read the thread you posted in!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Hoy hoy,

I guess it would seem like no one else has this problem since I'm the first to report it. I installed the beta on my Treo 300. As soon as I attempt to log onto AIM, it gives me the error "You have been logged off the AIM IM proxy server". It takes about two seconds for this error to appear after I click the connect button. Attempting to sign on this way does not sign me off of AIM while on my computer. Version 1.4 did work properly.

Any idea why this might be? Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks,
    CmdrGuard
    No sign of the file transfer feature as mentioned in this post:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=32073

Any ideas on when this is coming?
    Hmm, Verichat works fine now. I guess that problem before was just temporary. 1.5b Kicks Arse!!

CmdrGuard
    Is there (yet) any way to retain the session/history in VeriChat? This is an impressive program (I especially like the pre-defined message feature) but as soon as the program is shut down the messages are lost forever. This is frustrating because sometimes there is information that I wish to refer back to. Am I missing something or is this not an implemented feature yet?

Oh yeah ... and it would be nice to be able to customize the message alert ... all I get is a ringing noise and it really would not be my first choice.
    If my friends weren't jealous before they are all green with envy now. The program is great.
    Originally posted by Llynx
    Is there (yet) any way to retain the session/history in VeriChat? This is an impressive program (I especially like the pre-defined message feature) but as soon as the program is shut down the messages are lost forever.
    As long as you don't close the chat session, it will stay until the next soft reset. Possibly if you have it set to close the app, it may lose it, dunno as I don't have mine set that way. I hope that they make it also retain the sessions throughout resets as well.
    Sometimes when I receive messages, they are truncated and numbered. The PDAapps guys said that when I receive instant messages as SMSes (outside of Verichat), it will chop them up because SMS messages are limited to 160 characters. But I believe that messages are truncated and numbered while in the Verichat app. itself. Anyone else see this? Is this normal? Are all instant messages whether in Verichat or not treated as SMSes?
    Yeah, I've noticed this myself. I am not sure what it is but it does come up when someone sends me a large IM. Furthermore, these numbered IMs don't start at 1 but start at around 8 and don't even seem to always increase in number.

CmdrGuard
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast