Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. I tested it a bit between the two AOL accounts I have and couldn't get any of the messages to go through when initiated from the SMS chat window.

I'm going to e-mail PDAApps. I'll report back what I hear.

Geoffrey
    Originally posted by gmaugham
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. I tested it a bit between the two AOL accounts I have and couldn't get any of the messages to go through when initiated from the SMS chat window.

I'm going to e-mail PDAApps. I'll report back what I hear.

Geoffrey
    yes, the first responce, when not in the verichat app, seems not to go through. It worked in the previous version.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    v1.56b is now available which seems to have fixed the quick reply problem.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    the persistent buddy pounce is great!!!
    but im still having a problem seeing the away status of buddies. does anybody else have this prob or know how to fix it? i have it set to "allow all users to contact me".
    the weird thing is that there are 3 people on my buddy list who I DO see an away icon for, but everybody else, no
    I just have to say that after sending a message to PDAApps about the problem with the last version, they e-mailed back saying they would fix it right away. not long thereafter they e-mailed again saying it was fixed.

This is why I don't mind paying the prices they charge.

Geoffrey
    i still got a fatal exception when sending email with sm.

the exception happened when it tried to go back to verichat. :-)
    Felipe
    Originally posted by Felipe
    i still got a fatal exception when sending email with sm.

the exception happened when it tried to go back to verichat. :-)
    Have you tried v1.57b? The changelog refers to mail support.
    Originally posted by treo_fanatic

Have you tried v1.57b? The changelog refers to mail support.
    Using 1.57b now, but it lost (and cant find) SM as the email client.
    Felipe
    I had the same type of problem tryin to see if buddys away status.
    this has to do with the way the verichat server gets the away status. from the aim server
    i noticed it has to do something with the persons service
    (not phone service but the service it says when you hover over there name using aim for the computer)
    the service can be "Internet", "unconfirmed internet", "aol", or "mobile"
    i havent used verichat for a month or so, im tryin to remember if it was when there service was "unconfirmed internet" you would be able to see there away status, but it could be internet i forget.

i am beta testing chatter and it is very nice, you all should look into using that
    Originally posted by FIXER
    I had the same type of problem tryin to see if buddys away status.
    this has to do with the way the verichat server gets the away status. from the aim server
    i noticed it has to do something with the persons service
    (not phone service but the service it says when you hover over there name using aim for the computer)
    the service can be "Internet", "unconfirmed internet", "aol", or "mobile"
    i havent used verichat for a month or so, im tryin to remember if it was when there service was "unconfirmed internet" you would be able to see there away status, but it could be internet i forget.

i am beta testing chatter and it is very nice, you all should look into using that
    Regardless of the type of service if you change your privacy settings in AIM on the PC to "let all users to contact me", you should be able to get all buddys' status correctly. The latest version of VeriChat tells you this thing when you configure a AIM profile.

BTW, if you have not use VeriChat 1.5x you should--- it is far superior to VeriChat 1.x.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Fixer, you are right, i can only see the away status for my buddies who are "unconfirmed internet" i have the latest beta version, and i do have my prefrences set to "allow all users to contact me".

unfortunately out of the 127 buddies on my list,,, only 3 of them are "unconfirmed internet"
    I just downloaded v1.58 from the web site and started on my 15 day trial period. I set up for AIM as recommended, but all the users on my Buddy List show up as offline and I can't send messages to anyone. I have my account set up to allow all users to contact me. I know some of my buddies are online, because I can see them in the PC version. But when I sign off on the PC and sign on with VeriChat, they're gone.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
    Will there be a way to use AIM without changing the setting to allow anyone to IM me? I have a very, very old screen name (1987) and get hundreds of IMs if I don't limit it to just my buddy list.

Thanks,
    Ken
    There is a new version avail now v 1.75
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    YAY !!!
    i can see all my buddies away status now!

I love verichat!

now if i could read what their away messages said (like the get buddy info feature on AIM) ... that would make it perfect!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    omg i can see when a buddy is typing a response also! awesome!
    As frequently as Verichat is upgraded, why is it that they don't send out release notifications to their registered users? Or do they and I'm somehow missing the boat?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Version 1.76 is smokin' no glitches.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Version 1.76 is smokin' no glitches.
    http://www.pdaapps.com
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
    Strangely, on PalmGear, they had a link to version 1.77, so I downloaded it about two weeks ago, with no issues thus far. Don't know why PDAapps' own site hasn't been updated with that version.
    If you want 1.77, I would say to cruise over to palmgear, search on Verichat, and rock and roll. It'll end up taking you to PDAApps' website, where you can grab 1.77.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123