Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This truncating and numbering thing (along with other random characters like a thing that looks like a block) has also happened to me, since the 1.5 beta. I get the sense that it's due to message conflict/collision at the PDAApps proxy server - i.e., I send an IM at the same time one hits the server, and somehow a few of the characters collide and get overwritten, whatever.

It doesn't happen to me all the time, and I dropped PDAApps an e-mail about it, so we'll see what happens...
    BTW, if you haven't noticed, they fixed the AIM away status thing. And, they just sent me a build where they believe the "block" character bug has gone. Haven't seen it yet, but hasn't used it that much either.
    I get a fatal error whenever I try to exit the program. Another annoying thing is that I am taken to the Preferences screen. Whenever I turn my Treo on and off with VeriChat open.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    on my first day of the 15 day trial.

A couple of questions:

So, the session log erases after you close Verichat? I hope so.:-)

When in standby mode, incoming IMs come in over SMS but your reply goes through verichat (unless you reply later from the sms app). Correct? Just want to know how it affect my sms allotment. On quick reply, why doesn't Verichat disconnect?

Is there a way to have verichat automatically send a reply staing that the user you are trying to contcat is in stand by mode and that it may take upto 30 sec (longer if person not in coverage) for him/her to get the IM?

Only ran a couple of test, but the one and only time a IM came in whil e in avantgo, the Treo Crashed.

FYI, I'm only using MSn.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Great program.
    I'm on the 1st day of trial too.

Another thing that bothers me (besides the history cleanup) is that it doesn't support ICQ Invisible mode.

Bo.
    Just installed the 1.51beta sent to me early today, and the funky block thing is still there. It's not a huge issue, really...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I had forgotten about this message board until the other day when i posted a question on the treomobile mb. I thought i was the only person using my treo to Instant message! Its probably the main reason i bought the treo. Im so glad i found all of you with similar experiences using verichat and other IM apps. Im addicted to instant meesanging... seriously its a disease LOL , I even keep my treo next to my bed and my friends IM me at 3, 4 in the morning!

Anyway...here are some comments and questions i have about verichat, i have the beta:

1. I still cannot see if my buddies are away? every once and a while i see one or two away icons, but thats it, and always the same buddies

2. if i put an away message up, it stays up even while im chatting

3. The new buddypounce is cool but it doesnt stick ... have to re-apply it each time, and there should be more options for it

4. i could be chatting with someone and they recieve my messages, but im not recieving their replys

5. what is "the funky blocking thing" you are talking about?

Thanks!
    Chris
    What is buddy pounce???
    Pounce allows you to be notified when a selected user(s) comes online. Basically it sends you a message when one of your "buddies" comes online.

L
    Lee Ladisky
  10.    #30  
    A new beta version is available on our website.

Enjoy!!
    PDAapps Team

=======
    Features:
    Option to disable buddy pounce,
    Standby messages sound polyphonic ringer on Treo 300

Bugs Fixed:
    Block characters visible due to a bug in the scrolling logic.
    AIM away message not sticking.
    Using rocker to select away messages on a Treo crashes the system.
    Originally posted by hoofheartedinpr
    1 peso = 4/5's of 1-10oz Coors Lite, Here in Puerto Rico,USA!!!
    Muy impresionante. ¿Es mejor que Tequila?
    m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I still cannot see if my buddies are away or not, and i have my privacy settings set to "allow all users to contact me" like it reccomended
    Originally posted by cjc2k
    I still cannot see if my buddies are away or not, and i have my privacy settings set to "allow all users to contact me" like it reccomended
    Works for me. Don't you see the little "clock" icon on top of the regular yellow AIM icon next to your buddy when he/she is away. That is what I see for my away AOL buddies. Then when I send them a message, I get their away message.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    NO! a little clock icon! im getting jealous now, why dont i see that?
    I use a Treo 300, and the the polyphonic new message alert in standby mode definitely works now. However, I noticed while on a call yesterday that it comes through at full volume, even when you have the flip open and are on a call. Ouch!!

Also, on mine it seems to play the "unknown caller" ringtone when a new message comes in in standby or in the app. This is really annoying to me because I usually ignore that particular ringtone without even looking at my phone....
    Originally posted by m00se

Muy impresionante. ¿Es mejor que Tequila?
    m00se

Pues, seguro que si!
    HoofheartedinPR???

I DID
    Originally posted by hoofheartedinpr

Pues, seguro que si!
    ¿Cuánto Peso una botella de tequila en Puerto Rico?
    m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    My big problem with Verichat is that it doesn't seem to support mac.com email addresses as screen names for AOL, like iChat and the newest versions of AIM do.

I'm not about to set up a new screen name and make everyone on my buddy list switch their settings just to use this.

Otherwise, it seems like a great program.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    beta1.55b is out.

you can now use snappeounce featurer mail as your email client.

and it looks like buddy pounce works for msn.

Verichat has crashed twice now using the pounce feature though.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Is there a support forum for VeriChat somewhere? I know they have a support email address, but it seems so much more helpful to post this for others to see too...

1.55b has fixed the bugs that were most annoying to me: verichat using the "unknown caller" ringtone as an alert (Treo 300), and playing it at full volume in your ear while you're on a phone call. Yay!!

So far for me, sending an message from the popup window (when you're not in the verichat app) doesn't go through- if you enter a message and hit Chat OR QuickReply - it's never received on the other end. Sending messages in the app works fine however.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast