1.    #1  
    Hi all,

All of a sudden, when TCRinger is enabled on my Treo300, Call Waiting no longer functions. I hear the beep, but do not get an option on the screen to switch between the calls (e.g., put one on hold and switch to the other).

After 2 hours of trial and error, I determined that it was TCRinger at fault. I've tried deleting it and reinstalling (version 1.05) to no avail. The call waiting was working yesterday and now all of a sudden, just stopped, but all other functions of TCRinger are functioning.

The weird thing is that when another call comes in with TCRinger enabled, the Call Timer seems to freeze for 4-6 seconds and then starts again without losing a beat - I can keep counting and the timer just freezes, but doesn't lose time.

Any ideas?

L
    Last edited by Leeladisky; 03/04/2003 at 11:07 PM.
    Lee Ladisky
    TC Ringer has been like that on my 270. I keep going back to 1.0.1. it works better than the others. All in all its buggy I am guessing.

They eventually will get it. I know the SDK from Handspring keeps changing. That can't help.

Derek
    Originally posted by computerfixitguy
    TC Ringer has been like that on my 270. I keep going back to 1.0.1. it works better than the others. All in all its buggy I am guessing.

They eventually will get it. I know the SDK from Handspring keeps changing. That can't help.

Derek
    This may sound weird, but I prefer using TCRinger in "Inactive" mode because I think the phone starts ringing sooner that way. Less chance of missed calls.

Once you use it to install ringtones to the radio, you can turn it to inactive and use the Hot Keys in the PhoneBook app, and the Known and Unknown caller settings in Prefs, to assign the ringtones you installed with TCRinger, and they work just fine with it turned off!

Aside from the callers I put in my HotKeys in PhoneBook, I really wouldn't care to take the time to assign special ringtones to each of the other 2200+ contacts in my AddressBook, which is the only function that would require TCRinger to be constantly turned to "Active" isn't it?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  4.    #4  
    I actually have assigned Ringers to "groups" within the contact database (another function of TCRinger that requires ACTIVE mode).

Unfortunately, I really miss this feature as it was all working just a few short days ago...

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Originally posted by Leeladisky
    Hi all,

All of a sudden, when TCRinger is enabled on my Treo300, Call Waiting no longer functions. I hear the beep, but do not get an option on the screen to switch between the calls (e.g., put one on hold and switch to the other).

After 2 hours of trial and error, I determined that it was TCRinger at fault. I've tried deleting it and reinstalling (version 1.05) to no avail. The call waiting was working yesterday and now all of a sudden, just stopped, but all other functions of TCRinger are functioning.

The weird thing is that when another call comes in with TCRinger enabled, the Call Timer seems to freeze for 4-6 seconds and then starts again without losing a beat - I can keep counting and the timer just freezes, but doesn't lose time.

Any ideas?

L
    I suspect that you have a large number of contacts in your phone book. TC Ringer is looking to find a caller ID match. The next version of TC Ringer won't bother to do this match if it is the second call coming in as the Treo doesn't ring anyway. If you private message me and send me your email address, I can send you the next version to see if it fixes your issue (and then it can be released to the general public).

(The more feedback we get about TC Ringer, the better we can make it. Unfortunately if people just revert back to the old versions without helping us solve the problems, we can't fix them and move forward.)
    Last edited by sgruby; 03/06/2003 at 01:26 AM.

Derek
    Besides this particular issue (I've addressed it in the previous message), why do you keep going back to 1.0.1? What pieces do you believe are buggy? I'd like to address these issues, but I've not personally seen them on my Treo 180 and I've done everything I can to reproduce all issues that have been reported.
  7.    #7  
    Scott's new version solves this problem... Thanks SCOTT - GREAT JOB!

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Mr. Gruby, I have sent emails to support@markspace.com about my issues using tcringer. Everytime I do I supply testing info to help solve the problem.

I keep using 1.0.1 because it works. The minute you have a new version I will be the first to try it. I will give you great feedback with any level of detail you want. If it doesn't work I will go back to 1.0.1.

I just want it to work. I use 1 group and 1 individual. Simple. Wife, friends, and everyone else is a customer.

1.0.1 locks up some. 1 in 30 calls. Later versions:

1.0.2 locks up 1st ring
    1.0.4 also locks up 1st ring
    1.0.5 rings but group rings don't

Derek
    Mr. Gruby, I have sent emails to support@markspace.com about my issues using tcringer. Everytime I do I supply testing info to help solve the problem.

I keep using 1.0.1 because it works. The minute you have a new version I will be the first to try it. I will give you great feedback with any level of detail you want. If it doesn't work I will go back to 1.0.1.

I just want it to work. I use 1 group and 1 individual. Simple. Wife, friends, and everyone else is a customer.

1.0.1 locks up some. 1 in 30 calls. Later versions:

1.0.2 locks up 1st ring
    1.0.4 also locks up 1st ring
    1.0.5 rings but group rings don't

Derek
    So right now the only issue is group rings don't work. Correct? Have you followed the last tips sent to you 3 days ago?

" If you have an individual tone assigned to someone, i.e. your wife, it will take precedence over a group tone. You should do a find on your Treo to verify that the number isn't assigned to another individual. In addition, you might want to check your address book entries to see if they contain a note with the [TC Ringer] tags. Deleting these tags, removing TC Ringer and reinstalling TC Ringer will ensure that you are starting from a clean slate. If you just remove TC Ringer and do not remove the note entries that contain [TC Ringer] those entries may cause problems.
    "

If you still have problems, follow these instructions to send me a copy of your Address Book and your Saved Preferences.prc:

1) Get RSRCEdit from:<http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...5&prodID=39685>
    2) Open RsrcEdit
    3) Find AddressDB
    4) Choose Duplicate Database from Menu
    5) Tap on AddressDB Copy
    6) Select Backup checkbox
    7) Hit apply
    8) Tap on another database and then back to AddressDB Copy
    9) Verify backup is still checked
    10) HotSync
    11) In your backup directory, look for AddressDB Copy.pdb (other something like that) and Saved Preferences.prc.
    12) Send those 2 files to support@markspace.com.

In addition, please let me know which number you are calling from so that I can perform some tests (I won't call the number or use your address book).

Without this information, we have to attribute this to user error as I've been unable to duplicate the problem and it has not been reported by anyone else.
    Found the [TC Ringer] Tags. That did the Trick with 1.0.5. So far so good. I did receive an email from markspace that was blank, maybe that was the message you referred to.

This next week I will know for sure if its better. I can tell that if the processor was a little faster that the error routines would not take so long to error and move on.

The only thing I have noticed since 1.0.5 is really wierd. When I get a 2nd call... switch over .... hang up.... switch back. The origional call will be on hold until I hit the off hold button.

This process takes longer than it used to, about 2 seconds. Then I have to hit off hold. I don't recall having to do that much. I burn about 6000 business day minutes a month on this Treo and I really want your program to be the God of all things Treo.

Is there any SDK control over the 3 call forwarding options; busy, noanswer, off? I see those in calling preferences and could I make some good use of that.

Derek
    Found the [TC Ringer] Tags. That did the Trick with 1.0.5. So far so good. I did receive an email from markspace that was blank, maybe that was the message you referred to.

This next week I will know for sure if its better. I can tell that if the processor was a little faster that the error routines would not take so long to error and move on.

The only thing I have noticed since 1.0.5 is really wierd. When I get a 2nd call... switch over .... hang up.... switch back. The origional call will be on hold until I hit the off hold button.

This process takes longer than it used to, about 2 seconds. Then I have to hit off hold. I don't recall having to do that much. I burn about 6000 business day minutes a month on this Treo and I really want your program to be the God of all things Treo.

Is there any SDK control over the 3 call forwarding options; busy, noanswer, off? I see those in calling preferences and could I make some good use of that.

Derek
    Send me a private message with your email address and I'll send the 1.0.6 beta which has better performance when a second call comes in. As for the switch over, hang up stuff, if 1.0.6 doesn't clear things up, then I don't believe it is a TC Ringer issue.

I think that the SDK allows control over the call forwarding stuff, but I haven't looked at it much.

I'm glad that the tags fixed things for you and I apologize for the blank message from Mark/Space; I'll have to investigate that so it doesn't happen again.
    TC Ringer 1.0.6 was released today, and this version addresses the issue above.

1.0.6 - Fixed: No longer does anything if already in a call (speeds up call waiting).

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...s/tcringer.zip