1.    #1  
    I need to know which type of software would be most appropriate for what I am trying to do.

I have a table of data which I need to be able to browse and search on Palm devices. (I own a treo 180, but my colleagues are going to want the same set-up as me, but with different Palm devices.)

The table has about 1,500 records, each with 11 fields.

I can export this from my desktop computer's native format to whatever format is needed (tab-delimited, comma delimited, Excel, etc.).

Any suggestions of what software is the best for browsing and searching such a file (preferrably freeware)?

Thanks,

-Seth
    Originally posted by treeyo
    I need to know which type of software would be most appropriate for what I am trying to do.

I have a table of data which I need to be able to browse and search on Palm devices. (I own a treo 180, but my colleagues are going to want the same set-up as me, but with different Palm devices.)

The table has about 1,500 records, each with 11 fields.

I can export this from my desktop computer's native format to whatever format is needed (tab-delimited, comma delimited, Excel, etc.).

Any suggestions of what software is the best for browsing and searching such a file (preferrably freeware)?

Thanks,

-Seth
    JFile is pretty great.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Check out Pilot-DB, which is free. It's also Open-source, so if it doesn't do exactly what you want, you have another option besides pleading with the developer. Here's the website where you can get updates, source, and other stuff, including tools that allow reading DBs in other formats.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks!

I tried Pilot-DB and it does what I need it to do.

-Seth