1.    #1  
    Is it possible for me to pack a bunch of MIDI ringtones that I've downloaded from the internet into a .PDB file and have them show up in Ringo or TCRinger?
    yes. that's exactly how its done.

tcringer abides strictly by handspring's guidelines for ringtone size and so will not work with tones over 9K. you should also limit them to less than 20 seconds to avoid crashing problems.

ringo, on the other hand, will just go right ahead and install bigger and longer tones, and just let you crash away.

keep the above in mind as you make your tones and pdb and you should be fine
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  3.    #3  
    Great. There are so many cool polyphonic MIDI ringtones floating around the web nowadays.

Can you suggest a program that I can use to pack MIDI files into a PDB file?

Thanks.
    you can use this little web based java script thingie that marcus at treocentral put up.

http://www.treocentral.com/ringtones...0fun/index.php

you can also use palm midi desktop which is free.

the treocentral tool is easier, however.

you can also do editing on anvil studio, which is shareware. however the features available for free are enough for the small ringtone files. i used it to change instruments on some of the tracks, adjust internal volumes, and chop down the files.

(in case you were wondering, i did over 100 of the individual polyphonic tones available here at treocentral for sale, and also 2 packs available at handango and palmcentral. not saying this so you buy them, just so you know i have actually used this stuff)
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  5.    #5  
    Very cool. That link worked perfectly for my needs. Thanks!