1.    #1  
    I have an alltel treo 650. I used to have the bluetooth duns on it to allow me to tether my laptop thru it. I have not used it for a long time since verizon bought up local alltel. I recently looked for the duns set up on phone, and it seems to be missing from phone now. Any ideas as to where it went to? Or maybe I am not looking in correct area.
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    I have an alltel treo 650. I used to have the bluetooth duns on it to allow me to tether my laptop thru it. I have not used it for a long time since verizon bought up local alltel. I recently looked for the duns set up on phone, and it seems to be missing from phone now. Any ideas as to where it went to? Or maybe I am not looking in correct area.
    If you'll explain what a "Bluetooth duns" is, perhaps I could pull out my 650 and take a look around.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  3.    #3  
    I used to connect my pc to my altel treo. 650 with a bluetooth connection. It had a place the blue tooth menu that asked if I wanted to turn on DUN ( dial up networking). I now do not find this item showiing in menu. How can this just disappear? When I was using on verizon did they remove from the phone remotely with some over air update
  4.    #4  
    Oops I went in to trusted devices menu clicked on a pc connection. When I came back to the bluetooth menu, the DUNS was now in menu. Strange.
  5.    #5  
    I originally was wanting to see if I could get the bluetooth DUN's files from my Alltel 650 and put them on the Verizon phone to enable DUN's to work on the Verizon phone. I see where some one did something similar on a Sprint phone. Does anyone know how this can be done. I know this is an old phone and the Treo Central seems to be no longer available on the subject. Any ideas from old experts. I am not a programmer just a fiddler. Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    I originally was wanting to see if I could get the bluetooth DUN's files from my Alltel 650 and put them on the Verizon phone to enable DUN's to work on the Verizon phone. I see where some one did something similar on a Sprint phone. Does anyone know how this can be done. I know this is an old phone and the Treo Central seems to be no longer available on the subject. Any ideas from old experts. I am not a programmer just a fiddler. Jim
    This works perfectly. Tethered mode hack!

I've used it on Verizon Treos and it works.