Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I've read all the pros and cons....

Pros: Faster, nicer display (although I have no problem reading Treo display, and they don't show much more data just because the resolution is increased)

Much longer battery life

Some better expansion options (although all I ever wanted was an external keyboard...)

Cons: Clearly designed to be data centric.

No integrated voice capability without earbud or jerryrigged leather flip speaker cover. By the time you get your ear bud plugged into your ear and the phone, you probably have missed the call.

Currently less software specifically designed for it

Only supports AT&T GSM network which isn't half as well covered as Sprint

But here is my biggest beef... You will pay something like $40 to $100/month JUST FOR DATA... For what sprint gives you for about $55/month, you will likely pay around $100 to $150/month with AT&T with voice depending on your data usage...

I don't know about you, but I don't like thinking about how much each sync with my email, each attachment, each AventGo update is going to cost me. Call me a pig, but I want the smorgesboard...

Am I missing something here???
    Mark F Chinsky
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    AT&T may be the initial supporting network, but I would be quite surprised if one could not do the reverse of what I've done with my Treo 270 and use it, unsupported, with other GSM/GPRS carriers (T-Mobile and Cingular) by swapping out the SIM card.
    That may be more trouble than most users - though perhaps not most posters on this board - would want to deal with, though.
    If Palm hadn't botched the transition away from the i705, I would probably have ordered a T-W already, and wouldn't have found out how much better Treos are...
    - Rusty J
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Even if other GSM carriers like TMobile (who has worse coverage than AT&T supported the W, none of them have an "all you can eat plan." I believe Tmobiles deal with the hiptop is only temporary and they are safe because the hip top apps don't have the possibility of sucking up alot of bytes like third party apps on the Treo can.
    Mark F Chinsky