1.    #1  
    PalmGSM.net released new product - Treo 300 Ringtones (Pop and Rock).
    It contains of over 600 high-quality polyphonic ringtones for Treo 300.

Get more information here
    S.Savin
    www.PalmGSM.net
    interesting that they specifically say ringo compatible. wonder if some of them are too big for tcringer, which conforms to handspring specs better than ringo... (not that i personally am going to be paying $20 for ringtones any time soon )
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  3.    #3  
    The price is $14.95, not $20

PS ringtones are TCRinger compatible too
    S.Savin
    www.PalmGSM.net
    Both ringtones in the demo are to large to move to the phone with TC Ringer.
    Originally posted by palmgsm
    The price is $14.95, not $20

PS ringtones are TCRinger compatible too
    when i mentioned the price i did not necessarily mean that i thought it was too high or anything... just meant that i have my own ringtones up for sale and can make all i want for myself for free...

and it was palmgsm's tones and problems like the post mentions above that got me started in the first place
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by sarvinc
    Both ringtones in the demo are to large to move to the phone with TC Ringer.
    PALMGSM ...what do you have to say to that?

Will the tones be revised so that they are INDEED TCRinger compatible?

Kimberly
    Originally posted by nchargreed

PALMGSM ...what do you have to say to that?

Will the tones be revised so that they are INDEED TCRinger compatible?

Kimberly
    Correction - Treo 300 compatible. The size limit in TCRinger isn't arbitrary. Ringtones larger than 9k are apt to make the Treo unstable. Palmgsm apparently did no research prior to releasing this set.
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Originally posted by pcampbell

Correction - Treo 300 compatible. The size limit in TCRinger isn't arbitrary. Ringtones larger than 9k are apt to make the Treo unstable. Palmgsm apparently did no research prior to releasing this set.
    well the website DEFINITELY falsely claims that these ringtones are TCRINGER compatible. Even provides a link to the TCringer site.

I would definitely be interested in buying this collection....IF ONLY IT WORKED!

PALMGSM still waiting to hear your rebuttal.

Kimberly

scott gruby (sgruby on here) went through a whole bunch of stuff to make sure tcringer is as compatible as possible with handpring's specs. i know i redesigned all my ringtones around the specs he gave me, and even then he insisted that if you play 'lambada' 8 or 9 times in a row, it will cause a reset...

he finally found out that there is a glitch in the treo itself that causes this, so that tcringer ended up very stable.

the other thing we found out in the beta process was that ringo uses hacks, which apparently also adds to the instability issue. on the other hand, i personally used ringo for a few months, and aside from the occasional soft reset, did not have a lot of the problems that others had, which in the end i attributed to not using other hacks...

with all the above said, i go back to my post above, where i said that palmgsm's problems with the tones they put out (i sent them several emails when the first ones came out saying that we do not need full songs as ringtones to start with, just selected loud and recognizable parts) was what got me started making my own to begin with.

In case anyone is curious, Handspring has put back the information about ringtones at:

<http://www.handspring.com/developers...nesTreo300.pdf>

The one line in particular that is relevent is:

"Ring tone size should be relatively small (~10 K)"

TCRinger uses 9K to be on the safe side.
    Originally posted by sgruby

In case anyone is curious, Handspring has put back the information about ringtones at:

<http://www.handspring.com/developers...nesTreo300.pdf>

The one line in particular that is relevent is:

"Ring tone size should be relatively small (~10 K)"

TCRinger uses 9K to be on the safe side.
    Certainly 9K is the appropriate limit from a program development standpoint to insure stability of the product. But, there is a big difference between "should" and "must." I have tones as large as 22K (not with TCRinger) and I have never (not yet anyway) had a soft reset. Obviously, mileage varies with the user, additional hacks installed, etc., etc., etc.
    Originally posted by Maniac8888

Certainly 9K is the appropriate limit from a program development standpoint to insure stability of the product. But, there is a big difference between "should" and "must." I have tones as large as 22K (not with TCRinger) and I have never (not yet anyway) had a soft reset. Obviously, mileage varies with the user, additional hacks installed, etc., etc., etc.
    Soft resets are not the only potential problem caused by overlong ringtones.

There is a posting on the Handspring site about the relationship between faulty ringtone or picture ID software and phone calls being kicked into voicemail before your Treo gets up enough steam to play an audible ring. I experienced this problem daily for several weeks with the demo version of TreoPictureCallerID, and after getting advice about this relationship, removed the demo and immediately stopped having this problem.

I didn't get soft resets. I just didn't get my calls!

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  13.    #13  
    ALL ringtones if the Treo 300 Ringtones (Pop and Rock) are 7-8Kb size. So, they are Ringo and TC RInger compatible.
    About 10 beta-testers tested this collection.
    S.Savin
    www.PalmGSM.net
    Then what exactly is the demo a representation of?
    PALMGSM

My humblest apologies. Before attempting to copy the demo tones to the TC radio I assumed from information posted on this board that the tones were too large to copy. I downloaded the demo version and PLAYED the tones but didn't attempt to copy the tones to the radio. After your last post indicating the size of the tones, I decided to try copying the tones and it worked.

SO FOLKS...regardless of what you've read I was successful in copying the demo tones to the radio.

PALMGSM, the demos sound great and I look forward to enjoying the entire collection.

Kimberly
    WHEW! glad we straightened that out...
    After palm gsm posted about their new ringtone collection here, I went and tried out their demo. It was not TC Ringer compatible.

After I saw a post with someone apologizing, I went and downloaded it again. There are now different songs as part of their demo. So while it's good that the tones are now TC ringer compatible, don't apologize, they saw our thread here and then updated their demo accordingly.