1.    #1  
    Twice in the last week I have had times when my Treo Sprint Business Connection Palm app, and web client through the Sprint PCS site, reported that they could not connect to my desktop. Both times the error seemed to clear up on its own when I wasn't even at my desktop to reboot.

Could this be an issue more on the Sprint PCS Server side?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken
    Twice in the last week I have had times when my Treo Sprint Business Connection Palm app, and web client through the Sprint PCS site, reported that they could not connect to my desktop. Both times the error seemed to clear up on its own when I wasn't even at my desktop to reboot.

Could this be an issue more on the Sprint PCS Server side?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    I am having this problem right now! It stays on connecting and that is it... Then the settings screen comes up after while.

I am glad someone else is having the issue.. It hought something happene din my computer.. I even tried reinstalling the program.

I had it once happen and a reboot fixed it. Now It is still staying yellow.

Anyone else?

Mike
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with Tier 2 support. They have been having problems all day with the BC servers (I know, hard to imagine, but true).

I'm starting to take these things as a good sign. They are probably trying to upgrade their servers to either bring to life the chat features promised so long ago, or maybe the attachment support (also promised eons ago).

The servers never crash because of problems, only becasue the Sprint techs are dicking with them.

I wish BaseJet would get off their ***!@s and put out the next release. I'm hoping it will include SMS pull support for the Treo 300.
    Having connection problems right now, too.
    Originally posted by KKenna
    I just got off the phone with Tier 2 support. They have been having problems all day with the BC servers (I know, hard to imagine, but true).

I'm starting to take these things as a good sign. They are probably trying to upgrade their servers to either bring to life the chat features promised so long ago, or maybe the attachment support (also promised eons ago).

The servers never crash because of problems, only becasue the Sprint techs are dicking with them.

I wish BaseJet would get off their ***!@s and put out the next release. I'm hoping it will include SMS pull support for the Treo 300.
    Thanks Mr. Kenna... I thought something was wrong with my computer here at work.. that it wouldnt conenct to my Outlook...

I will have to do without until they stop dicking around.

Do these people realize this stuff will NEVER be anything more than nice toys and somewhat conviniences UNTIL THEY ARE RELIABLE?? and work ALWAYS?

Would you go on a plane if they wouldn't work right sometimes because people were "dicking" with them and sometimes they crashed but not always?

If your cable went out every 3 hours, wouldn't you dump it?

I suppose we are too much in the infancy to be picky about things (like Business COnnection that you pay extra for) always working... expecially business related important things.

Mike
  6.    #6  
    Whew!...and I was afraid it was just me! I'm glad it wasn't. I think my next call will be to ask Sprint for some kind of refund for service for this month due to the bouncing of the service.

I completely agree about the necessary reliability of it. It's not a better service than a blackberry if it's less available! An enterprise should not adopt this unless it's VERY reliable.

At the least, the error shouldn't be "...cannot connect to your desktop." That's incredibly misleading. It could at least state that there are "temporary technical difficulties...please try back later."
    thanks guys--It better come up soon...I leave tomorrow morning for a week and I need it working....

is anybody connecting thru a VPN to get your business/corporate email????

thanks
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Same problem here......definitely Sprint BC servers.
    Originally posted by buxbeck

is anybody connecting thru a VPN to get your business/corporate email????
    As a backup why don't you try dialing directly into your corporate network to receive email periodically?

Here is a link to the discussion thread on how to do it:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=32310
    It is working for me now.

If it goes down, your tray icon will change from green to greyed out.... sometimes it goes and stays yellow.

It seems when it is greyed out, it will reconnect itself when they are done working on the issue.

I STILL have to keep my blackberry for reliability sake... there is no way to toss it becuase if I miss even ONE email that is important all hell can break lose.

Reliability needs to be a priority.

Does anyone remember the early days of Windows 3.1 and even 95 when you would go to install or upgrade a program and you had to cross your fingers because it would corrupt 3 other programs or just not work. And you would never know really what happened?

Now with the windows NT design we don't have those issues as much anymore.. but those old unreliable things.. which APPLE from what I understand never had... were the reason a lot of people wouldn't even bother with computers in the mid 90s.

We need reliability. Our car starts when we crank it.... our coffee maker makes coffee, the elevator goes up and down... thse things at one time also were unreliable. In order for them to become mainstream and accepted, they had to be reliable which they did.

Does anyone agree?

Mike
    I'll add my sigh of relief to the "I thought it was just me" pile.
  12. NBP
    Back up as well.

MikeRadio, I agree wholeheartedly. Incidentally, Macs don't have these problems - ever. OSX runs flawlessly and acts like a computer should in every sense.
  13.    #13  
    I called and received a $25.00 credit on my bill today for the lack of service. Maybe if everyone called, Sprint would realize it's cheaper to build it right in the first place!

I also complained about the very misleading error message ("Cannot connect to desktop"). Perhaps if they had to shell out enough money as an apology, they'd realize it was cheaper to pay programmers the fee to put in a more accurate error message??!!!
  14.    #14  
    I'm getting that error again today. It has the symptom of a dead desktop, but I'm wondering if the problem is on the Sprint side, as it was the last couple of times.

Is anyone else having problems syncing up with the Business Connection E-mail from their desktop?
  15.    #15  
    Is anyone successfully getting their e-mail through the PCS Business Connection?
  16.    #16  
    Is anyone successfully getting their e-mail through the PCS Business Connection?
    I recieved a notification of a new PDA Client. The notification said if I did not upgrade in a certain time period my mail would stop! Did you get this?
  18.    #18  
    Yes, I got it. But to give credit where credit's due, it wasn't Sprint servers at fault this time. Upon getting home last night, I terminated and relaunched both Outlook and the PCS Business Connection client. After that, I began receiving my e-mails again.

I'm not letting Sprint completely off the hook. It doesn't explain what choked the programs on my desktop, but at least it's working again.

I also did the software upgrades this morning, and everything continues to work fine today.
    I find that everytime they do a software upgrade I have to reboot my pc that is running the BC sw. Actually, since it is a lowend machine I reboot once a week as the system resources seem to get low.