Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    Ok I'm not suprised at all really. In my quest to start a small Palm collection my mom sent me her Tungsten E and E2. I didn't get the charger for the E2 yet but I have the charger for the E. It's dead. I asked her if it worked when she put it away and she said both devices worked just fine and were only put away because she got something new (her Palm Centro replaced the E2). I have the original charger (no I don't have an Ohm meter to test it) for the E2 and it's been plugged in for a day...no dice. Plugged it in USB to my desktop to trickle charge for a day...no dice. I'm trying a USB wall charger now to see if that might wake it up but so far (only been about 30 minutes)...you guessed it, no dice. I clearly do not have any dice. What do you fine folks think? Find a battery online? Use it as a coaster? Frame it? Cry?
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    It could've been that the battery drained beyond the point of return if I'm not mistaken. Can't say for sure

You could probably find a suitable battery online, if the price is right (e.g. dirt cheap)
    I used to have some parts around, but I don't think a battery is among them. (but if you ever need a digitizer )

All else fails, maybe one of us has a donor, or you could just use it as an art centerpiece.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  3.    #3  
    I found a battery on amazon. It wouldn't charge either. I packaged it back up and returned it. But I couldn't leave the pda in such a disassembled state. So I resoldered the old battery back in. Just for giggles I connected up the charger and walked away for a day (I forgot about it). Then saw it sitting there and lo and behold it was charged and booted into the Palm OS setup screen. Go figure.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    xandros9 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I found a battery on amazon. It wouldn't charge either. I packaged it back up and returned it. But I couldn't leave the pda in such a disassembled state. So I resoldered the old battery back in. Just for giggles I connected up the charger and walked away for a day (I forgot about it). Then saw it sitting there and lo and behold it was charged and booted into the Palm OS setup screen. Go figure.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    oh that's good to hear!

this just reminded me of a Tungsten T2 I picked up that had a busted charging circuit once
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive