1.    #1  
    Greetings PalmOS fans! My mother recently left Palm for an S3 and also got a new Windows 7 laptop. I want to help her get Palm Desktop on it so she can sync her Centro and get her contacts exported to csv and imported into Google. Does anybody know if simply installing the Palm Desktop 6.2 software, plugging in her Centro and hitting sync will work or is she going to have to go through some compatibility mode, run as administrator, install 64 bit Aceeca driver headache? Because she will not even try if I give her a step by step to do all that.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Greetings PalmOS fans! My mother recently left Palm for an S3 and also got a new Windows 7 laptop. I want to help her get Palm Desktop on it so she can sync her Centro and get her contacts exported to csv and imported into Google. Does anybody know if simply installing the Palm Desktop 6.2 software, plugging in her Centro and hitting sync will work or is she going to have to go through some compatibility mode, run as administrator, install 64 bit Aceeca driver headache? Because she will not even try if I give her a step by step to do all that.
    My Wife got a Windows 7 64 bit computer and when we did it I had to use Windows Virtual PC with XP Mode (32 bit) to make her Palm IIIe sync (could not get it to work with 64 bit stuff), I would recommend a Hyper-V Client (which is now part of Windows 8) with Windows XP (32 bit).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I run Palm Desktop on Win7 Pro x64 and sync via Bluetooth from my Treo 650 with no problems (no HyperV, no XP mode, no special compatibility settings, etc.), My PC didn't have Bluetooth built in, so I bought a $10 USB Bluetooth dongle to make this work.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Here you go guys. If you have a 32-bit machine you can download the drivers from Aceeca's site as well. Long live PalmOS!

64 bit USB Windows Driver for Palm/Garnet OS - Downloads - Aceeca.com