Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I am having some pretty major problems with my Treo 300 ringers. If I have a user in speed dial setup with a custom ring tone, the phone doesn't play a ringtone at all when that user calls. If I disable the custom ringtone, the normal ringtone plays. If a custom ringtone is enabled, I am also unable to hear the caller for about 10 seconds into the call, then I am able to hear them fine. It seems like the system is having a severe problem playing custom ringtones.

All of this started when I tried to add a new ringtone the other day with Ringo. There are several copies of some ringtones appearing in the ringtone selector. After seeing it on a friends Treo, I purchased TCRinger hoping it would be able to fix the problem, but it will not let me delete some of the duplicates, because it says they are system ringtones which they are not.

I have tried installing a blank copy of the midi ring tone database, and even tried a hard reset, but as soon as I re-sync, everything breaks again.

Is there any way to force the Treo to start with a new copy of all of the Radio ringtones? If I need to delete a file before doing a sync after a hard reset, what is it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Wondering this too... I have two MIDI ringtones that somehow made it into the Radio file also, and are locked so they can't be removed. I also moved from Ringo to TC Ringer.

- Mike
    Send an email to deleteringers@gruby.com and you'll receive by return email an application that lets you delete the extra tones. Please note that this application is completely unsupported and you use it at your own risk. Ringo messed up and put tones where it shouldn't. TC Ringer doesn't allow you to mess with the default ringers; Ringo put ringers in the default locations like it shouldn't.

(This email address is an auto-reply, so don't bother writing anything in the body.)
    i have never had a problem with ringo and. there is no problem erasing ring tones with ringo. I never get errors with system tones
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by quake8
    i have never had a problem with ringo and. there is no problem erasing ring tones with ringo. I never get errors with system tones
    Consider yourself one of the few lucky ones.
    Originally posted by quake8
    You have got to be kidding! Ringo is the most buggy app I have ever had, yet alone paid for. I only want to add another ringtone to the pull down tone list and all I get is continual soft resets. I have read all the advice on this board on working around Ringo and nothing works.
    I'm sorry but I have never had a problem with Ringo either. It has never caused a crash and has always worked as advertised for me.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Ringo totally bugged out my Treo! Several Hard resets. And to think I PAID for it!!!