1.    #1  
    Is there an app or hack to make the treo stay on, even when you flip the lid closed? Basically, I only want it to go off when it times-off or I push the button up top. I would think that such a program would exist.. but my searches came up with nothing.
    StayOnlineHack will almost do what you want.

Don't worry about the "Online" in the name, it isn't necessary.

Unfortunately, it can't distinguish between the lid closing and the power button being pressed because of (what I think is) a bug in Handspring's code. You can set it up so that it will only turn off by auto-off, and stay on when you close it or press the button, though.
    Originally posted by Fretzy
    Is there an app or hack to make the treo stay on, even when you flip the lid closed? Basically, I only want it to go off when it times-off or I push the button up top. I would think that such a program would exist.. but my searches came up with nothing.
    There are hacks out there but due to the nature of the Treo inner workings, none of them work too well.

The easiest solution is to remove the magnetic switch from the Treo (it sits just to the left of the speaker). You will have to perform an operation to do this though... if you are really keen, search these forums - there are numerous posts and some photos.

I removed the magnet from mine and I have never looked back. With it removed, you can do things like put a caller on speakerphone, close the lid and carry on with the conversation.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    I removed the magnet from mine and I have never looked back. With it removed, you can do things like put a caller on speakerphone, close the lid and carry on with the conversation.
    Actually I believe you can do that stuff through software. I've been playing with the PhoneLib since yesterday, and there are functions to change the equipment mode.
    Originally posted by potatoho

Actually I believe you can do that stuff through software. I've been playing with the PhoneLib since yesterday, and there are functions to change the equipment mode.
    Tell me more my good friend...
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    Tell me more my good friend...
    I'm almost done a free helper utility which has an option for the "poweroff on lid flip closed" and a few other radio things.

So far it has:

- Enable phone on reset.
    - Stay on (lid close) while network active.
    - Set Auto-Off time for lid close.
    - Turn off phone after xxx minutes of coverage loss.

I've got some stuff to do today, but hopefully can finish it up for a beta in the next day or two. I can try adding an option for "call active" lid closed and see what it does. I'm not sure if that's enough to keep it from hanging up.

What I was saying about Equipment Mode.. is that I see a function for that but I haven't tried it to know how dangerous it is

Edited to say that I just tried keeping the device on during lid close with a voice call active. Surprisingly, it keeps the call going -- speakerphone & all. However, the Phone application then thinks the call has ended and gives no way to hang up at all. The only way was to power down the phone.
    Last edited by potatoho; 03/06/2003 at 08:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Wow - sounds like a great app! Keep us posted.
    Okay I'm all done. I need a volunteer with a 270 to make sure everything is ok on the device. Hard to test everything radio related from the emulator.