1.    #1  
    Here's my Treo300SMS enhancements wish list.

1) Somehow, make the "beep" tone "Louder" when sms messages are received. Or allow us to select a ringtone. Often times, I do not hear the low sounding beep when the treo is in my case, or when i receive a text message at night.

2) To be able to specify Signature text that is appended to each message. Mainly so I can say "Reply with 91 chars max" and my Name. (Too bad that Sprint can't break up large messages into smaller ones, like Cingular does).

BTW, I've emailed these to PDAApps.
    I hope these are "doable" suggestions.
    3) When a message can't be sent, allow us to try again instead of having it all disappar!

4) An "outbox" with a history of sent messages

5) Storing names nut just numbers in the quicklist

6) Better "reply" capabilities

7) A pending box for messages composed when your not online (out of cell service for instance) that would send next time it can

These are all standard features on T-Mobile's service and after switching to Sprint, realizing they have NO sms whatsoever, then buying Treo300SMS I was hoping to have a similar feature set.
    8) When an SMS/message is received, an additional button option to automatically launch the SMS application

9) An additional button when the SMS is received to allow for immediate reply
    Lee Ladisky
  4.    #4  
    I'm not familiar with previous versions of Treo300SMS but it seems to me that version 0.5 already does request numbers: 3 and 5 below. As for number 7, it "does keep" my single message text if it is unable to send it, but as you say, it doesn't put it into a pending folder that gets sent automatically when a connection is established. As for number 6. Sometimes, it does give the "reply" button and i think it does this when it recognizes the email address. There is some good info on PDAApps.com site. It might clear up some questions about the features of the latest version.

Mostly, I wish Sprint would not simply cut off messages at 91 characters, but would break them up into smaller messages. Its a bummer not knowing if you're missing part of people's email / messages they send you. I'm going to "nag" Sprint and I hope others will also, to get them to improve this.

Originally posted by hesspaul
    3) When a message can't be sent, allow us to try again instead of having it all disappar!

4) An "outbox" with a history of sent messages

5) Storing names nut just numbers in the quicklist

6) Better "reply" capabilities

7) A pending box for messages composed when your not online (out of cell service for instance) that would send next time it can

These are all standard features on T-Mobile's service and after switching to Sprint, realizing they have NO sms whatsoever, then buying Treo300SMS I was hoping to have a similar feature set.
    Originally posted by mharpen
    I'm not familiar with previous versions of Treo300SMS but it seems to me that version 0.5 already does request numbers: 3 and 5 below. As for number 7, it "does keep" my single message text if it is unable to send it, but
    Thanks!! I'm on version 0.4 not 0.5 so maybe upgrading will make my life much nicer!!!!
    I just wish it would work...
    Allows you to change SMS tones, according to default plus 9 additional configurable triggers, on your Sprint Treo 300.

http://rallypilot.sourceforge.net/treohelper.html

Since we use SMS alerts for critical system outages, mine is the most annoying noisy tone I can find.